• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "We need to give Matteo Trentin a thread before he becomes world champion" thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I will respect Trentin immensely and forever if he manages to win the Green jersey solely through intermediate sprints.

Tomorrow is a half chance to get away from Bennett, then Thursday a bit less good, Friday perfect for him (can win the intermediate and I think stage if he gets in the break, or at least get some points for the stage). Hypothetically, there's 100 points he can take before even getting to Paris...

Its
I will respect Trentin immensely and forever if he manages to win the Green jersey solely through intermediate sprints.

Tomorrow is a half chance to get away from Bennett, then Thursday a bit less good, Friday perfect for him (can win the intermediate and I think stage if he gets in the break, or at least get some points for the stage). Hypothetically, there's 100 points he can take before even getting to Paris...

It's really interesting, because if Bennett tries to shut him down at any intermediates that have any uphill preceding it then Bennett potentially could fall into difficulty on that stage and it may also eat away at the top edge of his sprint in Paris. But if he doesn't try to shut down Trentin then theoretically he could be putting lots of extra pressure on himself for a win in Paris against an in form Caleb and a very resilient Kristoff.

I still have to think Bennett is about a 90% favourite for green though. But I like how for two weeks it's almost been quiet bemusement about what Trentin is doing and now everyone is like "oh, it's not actually mathematically impossible, and here is how he can pull it off".

Reactions: SafeBet
E2zrNhEWEAMVhoi

Nah. When vdPoel cracked, he had it in the bag.

He had the best excuse of the remaining 4 to sit on the most, but it looked to me like he still took his turns.
How could? Pedersen is faster than him even in normal circumstances and after an hard and long race his sprint is almost always totally crap, on the last bump he should have attacked when Pedersen was hanging out for dear life after Kung acceleration instead of slowing down to wait for Moscon that was cooked and totally useless.

Anyway this thread "ha portato jella".

How could? Pedersen is faster than him even in normal circumstances and after an hard and long race his sprint is almost always totally crap, on the last bump he should have attacked when Pedersen was hanging out for dear life after Kung acceleration instead of slowing down to wait for Moscon that was cooked and totally useless.

Anyway this thread "ha portato jella".
Wow, you dug up a 2 year old post about a throwaway opinion? Of the group, Trentin had the best reputation as a sprinter at the time (multiple GT stage wins, vs pretty much no sprint wins to that point). Pedersen has won sprints since then, but we weren't to know that at the time.

Wow, you dug up a 2 year old post about a throwaway opinion? Of the group, Trentin had the best reputation as a sprinter at the time (multiple GT stage wins, vs pretty much no sprint wins to that point). Pedersen has won sprints since then, but we weren't to know that at the time.
Sorry, i didn't see that was a two year old post, i just see it a the top of the last page...

Anyway you are right that at the time we didn't fully know how fast is Pedersen but we knew well Trentin limits, i remember already at the time after the last bump i thought "what he's doing, he's going to loose the sprint".

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts