• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Jspear said:
Flinstone said:
Road over the hill behind my house to get a picture of the valley on the other side. 93 degrees out with a good amount of humidity. We call these days triple H weather. Hazy Hot and Humid. Oh yeah that hill is 1000 ft of elevation and 4 miles to the top. Makes for a bit of a sweat but worth the view.

Total ride was 31 miles with almost 2400 ft of elevation.

Nice bike! Is that a Tarmac?

Endurance geometry plus the ZERTZ pseudo techonology on the seat stays, I think it's a Roubaix.

Ah okay. I'm not very familiar with their Roubaix. I just saw the top tube (which is at least a little similar to the Tarmac) and thought it might be a tarmac. Didn't look at the seat stays. Nice, paying attention to detail. :)

Jspear said:
BigMac said:
Jspear said:
Flinstone said:
Road over the hill behind my house to get a picture of the valley on the other side. 93 degrees out with a good amount of humidity. We call these days triple H weather. Hazy Hot and Humid. Oh yeah that hill is 1000 ft of elevation and 4 miles to the top. Makes for a bit of a sweat but worth the view.

Total ride was 31 miles with almost 2400 ft of elevation.

Nice bike! Is that a Tarmac?

Endurance geometry plus the ZERTZ pseudo techonology on the seat stays, I think it's a Roubaix.

Ah okay. I'm not very familiar with their Roubaix. I just saw the top tube (which is at least a little similar to the Tarmac) and thought it might be a tarmac. Didn't look at the seat stays. Nice, paying attention to detail. :)

Yeah, I also looked at the top tube and it didn't seem curved enough so I thought it was a Tarmac for sure.

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I was out in the hills of Limburg yesterday. Yes, Amstel Goldraceterritory. It's a very welcoming region for cyclists. In Valkenburg there is a cyclistcenter, where you can put your stuff in a locker, and can shower after your ride. You can get a chip there that will time you on a few hills, and make sure you can see a video of yourself at the top of the Cauberg on the internet afterwards.
I did about 80km today, riding over offcourse the Cauberg, but also the likes of Gulpenerberg, Keutenberg and Eyserbosweg. In the end I tried to do the Cauberg al out on the big ring, instead of measured, like I did on all other hill, knowing that I had to do some more work that ride, but that was not such a good idea. Turns out I'm not Philippe Gilbert after all... Oh well, I had a great day.

And afterwards I could enjoy the National Living Statue Championship! It was held in the park next to the Amstel Goldrace Visitorcenter :)

From Manassas I went S-SW on route 28 through Nokesville and Catlett. Came back home through the local country roads. These are our quietest, least busy roads. 62k/38miles. It was pretty hot today. 95/35 degrees. At first it was cloudy (sprinkled a little) then the sun came out...wasn't as fun.

capture.jpg

Here's my trusty ole bike. I've put around 13,000 miles on it.
0616151421a.jpg

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Went for a little ride down the road. There is one of the popular sights of the South East there. These barns can been seen through out the area. The heat today was quite oppressive. 96 F with 45% humidity. It was a mid day ride. I had to return to work after the ride. It's hard to enjoy a ride knowing work is waiting.

King Boonen said:
MarkvW said:
From Marblemount to Winthrop over the N. Cascades Highway, fully loaded. One of the most awesome rides on the face of the Earth. Sloooowly.

I just looked this route up. That looks utterly fantastic!!!
I have done that ride a couple times too. It's amazing! On a side note, the hiking/backpacking out there is spectacular also!

Today I rode a loop around the greater Seattle area, which was 51 miles. Scenery was awesome, as usual. We are lucky here in the Pacific NW because most auto traffic is for the most part tolerant of cyclists sharing the road. I'll posts pics as soon as I figure out how to.. lol :D

irondan said:
King Boonen said:
MarkvW said:
From Marblemount to Winthrop over the N. Cascades Highway, fully loaded. One of the most awesome rides on the face of the Earth. Sloooowly.

I have done that ride a couple times too. It's amazing! On a side note, the hiking/backpacking out there is spectacular also!

Today I rode a loop around the greater Seattle area, which was 51 miles. Scenery was awesome, as usual. We are lucky here in the Pacific NW because most auto traffic is for the most part tolerant of cyclists sharing the road. I'll posts pics as soon as I figure out how to.. lol :D

I've got a google account and Picasa. I open the photo in Picasa, right click and upload it. It goes to your picasa web album. Right click on the photo in your internet browser, click "copy image location", paste that url between these:
. You can also just click the "Img" button when your making a post and copy your photo url.

I did a great 140km ride along Moreton Bay down to Redlands bay. Up to Sandgate, then over the river and along the coast all the way to Redlands Bay and back into the city. Perfect weather, not too windy and a little fresh. I got mixed in with a very large sportive for the last 70 kms and ended up giving a lot of newer riders a tow home, they were all friendly and the crazy riding was kept to a minimum (although there were a couple of guys who always tried to attack :confused: )

All in all, a great day on the bike.

Jspear said:
irondan said:
King Boonen said:
MarkvW said:

I've got a google account and Picasa. I open the photo in Picasa, right click and upload it. It goes to your picasa web album. Right click on the photo in your internet browser, click "copy image location", paste that url between these:
. You can also just click the "Img" button when your making a post and copy your photo url.
Thanks for the tutorial jspear!
IMG_0494.JPG

irondan said:
Jspear said:
irondan said:
King Boonen said:
MarkvW said:

IMG_0494.JPG

Of course!
That's a nice bike (and some good scenery)! I've never heard of that bike brand. What are the specs on that thing?

Jspear said:
irondan said:
Jspear said:
irondan said:

IMG_0494.JPG

Of course!
That's a nice bike (and some good scenery)! I've never heard of that bike brand. What are the specs on that thing?
Thanks, the brand is Spanish. Check them out here - http://bhbikes-us.com/
2014 BH G6, Ultegra Di2 11 speed groupset, Vision T42 wheelset, Selle SMP lite209 saddle, Shimano PD 6800 SPD-SL Ultegra carbon road pedals, FSA Energy compact handlebars

irondan said:
Jspear said:
irondan said:
King Boonen said:
MarkvW said:

IMG_0494.JPG
What a Bike! Di2 as well! Nice.

irondan said:
Jspear said:
irondan said:
Jspear said:
irondan said:

IMG_0494.JPG

Of course!
2014 BH G6, Ultegra Di2 11 speed groupset, Vision T42 wheelset, Selle SMP lite209 saddle, Shimano PD 6800 SPD-SL Ultegra carbon road pedals, FSA Energy compact handlebars
AFAIR, Liberty Seguros was equipped with BH bikes back in 2004-05. Great looking bikes!

Cance > TheRest said:
irondan said:
Jspear said:
Of course!
AFAIR, Liberty Seguros was equipped with BH bikes back in 2004-05. Great looking bikes!

As well as Saur-Sojasun and Efapel Glassdrive.

First commute on a fixed wheel today. Slightly apprehensive but apart from having to clip in much quicker than usual the biggest change was the fact I'd extended the gear by 3 inches so I need to readjust to that. Great fun and forces you to keep the leg speed up which is exactly what I was after.

I live in Derby, a small city pretty much in centre of England - the local festival is called furthestfromthesea :) Don't drive, but am very lucky as The Peak District is not too far away. Constantly up and down which I love. This ride from yesterday was 65 miles/104km, 5200ft/1400m of climbing, but the biggest climb was only 570ft. The only downside is that with all the undulation, turns, walls and hedges, you rarely know where the road's going more than 50 metres ahead. When you do though, it's usually pretty tempting. These are from the foothills northwest of Ashbourne. You can just about see the 'road' wending it's way around the hill

IMG_0021_zpshj53fbhn.jpg

IMG_0020_zpsizfkg1jf.jpg

That lane does lead into the middle of a farm! Was sure I'd taken a wrong turn, until emerging on the other side of the farmyard into a junction. Much more relaxed approach to highway regulations in the country it seems

postmanhat said:
I live in Derby, a small city pretty much in centre of England - the local festival is called furthestfromthesea :) Don't drive, but am very lucky as The Peak District is not too far away. Constantly up and down which I love. This ride from yesterday was 65 miles/104km, 5200ft/1400m of climbing, but the biggest climb was only 570ft. The only downside is that with all the undulation, turns, walls and hedges, you rarely know where the road's going more than 50 metres ahead. When you do though, it's usually pretty tempting. These are from the foothills northwest of Ashbourne. You can just about see the 'road' wending it's way around the hill

IMG_0021_zpshj53fbhn.jpg

IMG_0020_zpsizfkg1jf.jpg

That lane does lead into the middle of a farm! Was sure I'd taken a wrong turn, until emerging on the other side of the farmyard into a junction. Much more relaxed approach to highway regulations in the country it seems

Beautiful landscapes...thanks for sharing!

TRENDING THREADS