• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thank you

i'm showing off a bit as i'm pretty stoked to have all this right on my back step

have been a roadie all of my riding years
but decided to try something different for a while

have had the mtb since early june as my only bike right now and have really enjoyed it
great riding options here

the road bike is in pieces in my workshop and slowly being built back up as $$ and time allow
could be tough to switch back

Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
thank you

i'm showing off a bit as i'm pretty stoked to have all this right on my back step

have had the mtb since early june as my only bike right now and have really enjoyed it

the road bike is in pieces in my workshop and slowly being built back up as $$ and time allow

Ya, I'd be showing off as well if my "backyard" looked like that! :) I've got to go a little ways out to get into the mountains and they are nothing like yours. Keep posting pics when you have them.

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
thank you

Ya, I'd be showing off as well if my "backyard" looked like that! :) I've got to go a little ways out to get into the mountains and they are nothing like yours. Keep posting pics when you have them.

roger that chief

raining here today & tomorrow
weekend looks favourable for some decent riding

watch this space

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm all for a little showing off!

2qdvp8i.png

fxqdmb.jpg

296kjfn.jpg

2ik5kyd.jpg

Girona province, Catalonia.

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Volta de Montseny

Montseny National Park, 45mins north of Barcelona. This route is anti clockwise, probably the easier. 91km, 1992m of elevation.

2gxkxom.jpg

Top of the cat 2 climb, 8.6km, 1045m above sea level.

14sjfup.jpg

Part way down the 10km descent.

1zf75zc.jpg

Top of the cat 1 climb, 12.5km.

2dt15ro.jpg

Highest point of the ride, 1236m above sea level.

2m5le3d.jpg

On the east side of the Turo de l'Home mountain.

b7dj5k.jpg

Montseny from a distance.

Re:

BigMac said:
Not sure where else to post it, hope KB doesn't mind. Love these guys, Jason Stirling and David Fletcher, and one day I want to do this: http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/08/roadtripping-iceland/

Speechless.
Wow. I was lucky enough to go to the south of the country for a week in July, and it was the best experience I have ever had. Now I want to do it on a bike. I remember one of the days the wind gusts were so strong they lifted small rocks and stones from the beach and pelted them at your legs, so strong that a friend of mine was pushed over completely :D (admittedly she's very small and weighs very little)

Just home from a 6-day trip from Biarritz to Argeles-su-Mer through the Pyrenees. Great ride. 800km and some serious climbing. Went with Pyractif. Highly recommended.

Day 1: 160km
Burdincuructheta/Bagargui (look them up - great route)

Day 2: 123km
Marie-Blanque
Aubisque/Soulor
Hautacam

Day 3: 140km
Tourmalet
Aspin
Peyresourde
Port de Bales

Day 4: 145km
Mente
Port d'Aspet
Col de la Core
Peguere (nasty little beast)
Port

Day 5: 135km

Marmare/Chioula
Col de Pailheres
Garabeil
Jau

Day 6: 90km
Arbussols

Re:

winkybiker said:
Just home from a 6-day trip from Biarritz to Argeles-su-Mer through the Pyrenees. Great ride. 800km and some serious climbing. Went with Pyractif. Highly recommended.

Marie-Blanque
Aubisque/Soulor
Hautacam

Tourmalet
Aspin
Peyresourde
Port de Bales

Mente
Port d'Aspet
Col de la Core
Port

Marmare/Chioula
Col de Pailheres
Garabeil
Jau

Arbussols

maximum respect

can you get some pics up

how did you find the tourmalet
or as frankie calls it
the tore my legs off

it wrecked me when I did it back in 08 following the tdf

you know you're a real punter when two old french guy in their 60's pass you on steel bikes toe clips no helmets and quietly chatting to themselves while you're on the rivet looking up the road to see if you can see the summit

day in day out with big climbs is tough work

nice job winkybiker
well done

Re: Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
winkybiker said:

Marie-Blanque
Aubisque/Soulor
Hautacam

Tourmalet
Aspin
Peyresourde
Port de Bales

Mente
Port d'Aspet
Col de la Core
Port

Marmare/Chioula
Col de Pailheres
Garabeil
Jau

Arbussols

maximum respect

can you get some pics up

how did you find the tourmalet
or as frankie calls it
the tore my legs off

it wrecked me when I did it back in 08 following the tdf

you know you're a real punter when two old french guy in their 60's pass you on steel bikes toe clips no helmets and quietly chatting to themselves while you're on the rivet looking up the road to see if you can see the summit

day in day out with big climbs is tough work

nice job winkybiker
well done

Thanks. I've ridden the Tourmalet quite a few times over the years. It's not too bad, perhaps provided you tackle it early in the day. Never really gets above 8%-9% for long. A guy in our group "had a go" and rode the 17km from Luz-Saint-Sauveur to the summit in 1:06. Good enough for 34th out of 6000+ on Strava. Stunning.

I did a day a few years back that started in Laruns and tackled the Aubisque/Soulor - Tourmalet - Aspin. That was tough. Of my riding trio, I was the only one who then completed the ride from the Aspin back to our base in Bertren.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
My local training climb, the Innichberg.
http://www.tracks4bikers.com/beta_tracks/show/228030
The 500m at 20% are just nasty and right at the start of the climb you have a 15% steep ramp after a sharp right corner, so you have to pace yourself at the start of the climb.
It's a nice climb if you want to train for short, very steep climbs and a nice way to test your form after the winter :D
2 days ago i rode a granfondo, the Carnia Classic, 134km and 3080km of altitude gain, the race starts and finishes in Tolmezzo and the 2 big climbs are Sella di Razzo and the Zoncolan from Ovaro.
http://www.carniabike.it/carniaclassic/?page_id=3220
I tried to pace myself on the first climb, but the Zoncolan was just hard as hell, I went all out on the easier final 2 km of the Zoncolan and tried to descent as fast as possible (I'm a way better descender on a MTB, I'm not a great one on a roadbike) and just softpedaled the final 17 km of false flat, I was totally spend.
It was a great experience, but I didn't like the atmosphere, some of the competitors just acted like huge jerks, a bunch of wannabe Riccòs...
You don't meet that many idiots in ski mountaineering races, the atmosphere is way more laid back, I have to say that I prefer that kind of atmosphere to the huge clash of egos that you get in a granfondo, maybe I was just unlucky but I've heard the same about the Maratona dles Dolomites.

TRENDING THREADS