• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Weather has been amazing in Scotland in the last few weeks, all my winter rides have been building up to the 3 Pistes sportive, 102 miles with over 8000ft worth of climbing through the highlands of Scotland, start at Pitlochry, climb up to Glenshee ski centre, then onto the Lecht ski centre then a mountain top finish at the Cairngorm ski centre, it ended up being far too hot for me and i felt it on the first big climb, luckily as the ride went on i started to feel better and i ended up with a good time on the day...it was tough on the body so the last week has seen me only do a couple of cycles...it been tough as i needed to let the body recover but the weather had me itching to get out on the bike

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I did 70k today with 3 of my training climbs (2.7km at 11.3%, 6.2km at 6.7% and 5.3km at 7.7%, but those climbs are rather irregular).
It was a goo training ride, a bit of rain but it was warm.
@WillemS:
Regarding coffee breaks in Misurina, right at the start of the first ramp of the Tre Cime climb there's a small bar that isn't filled with kitsch, the tall guy who's working their is a nice guy and beast when it comes to ski mountaineering, he's dominating the local scene. His brother is an even bigger freak, he's an ultra long distance trail runner, last year he finished in the top 30 in the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc (170km and 10000m of altutude gain), both guys are scary strong but really nice.

Did Rebild Bakke (the hardest climb you can come across in North Jutland) a few times or 3. Ain't no better feeling than to get up on the pedals, shake your butt like Contador and then catch & drop a rider and leave him in the dust on those 6% slopes (lol). Made my day.

65 km today, getting ready for a long race for my standards (110 km) on Sunday. Once again, lovely weather.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Leaving for a week-long cycling trip in the French Alps tomorrow. The weather forecasts are not that pretty, but at least the roads go up there.

Right, so today was my first 10k along the Willamette River (nice path, but apologies, I don't do Strava because it would be a waste of everybody's time) since my last crash a couple of months ago - the weather was perfect (a bit windy, but sunny and about 75F), but I rode the 40pound steel ("Little White Porsche") comfort bike because I am so out of shape and lack confidence I did not want to ride my faster bike.

I am very happy to report I did not crash into one of the walker-walking seniors along the path, that kind of embarrassment not even I could live with.

All in all, though, it was fun! :D

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Its an unattainable dream to long hours rides every day. To clocking serious mileage its a hard work to enhance average amateur cyclist. but daily ride itself is not a feasible,
I love to go cycling because its easy and better than gym workout. Two wheels go beyond avoiding traffic and living a healty life. Because a car is directly linked with obesity and weight gain.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
So, we've been here in the Alps for a couple of days.

So for, we've done the Col de la Madeleine (to watch the Dauphiné), the Col du Mollard, and today we did the Col du Chaussy and Col du Glandon/Croix de Fer combo.

Tomorrow's ride is going to include Telégraphe/Galibier.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Irondan said:
WillemS said:
So, we've been here in the Alps for a couple of days.

So for, we've done the Col de la Madeleine (to watch the Dauphiné), the Col du Mollard, and today we did the Col du Chaussy and Col du Glandon/Croix de Fer combo.

Tomorrow's ride is going to include Telégraphe/Galibier.
Sounds great! Got any pics?

Yes, I'll attach them later.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Some pics, but I don't have many (yet). Most pics we took were taken with the camera of one of my friends, but we haven't shared those yet.

At the top of the Croix-de-Fer:

Col Du Glandon:

Hairpins of the Col Du Chaussy.

Attachments

• CroixDuFer_HetKruis.jpg
    CroixDuFer_HetKruis.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 1,505
  • ColDuGlandon.jpg
    ColDuGlandon.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,505
  • ColDuChaussy_Haarspelden_2.jpg
    ColDuChaussy_Haarspelden_2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,505
Rode through Snickersville Turnpike in Loudoun County. Probably the nicest county in Northern VA.

125.5 km, 28.5 km/ph average, 1,227 meters of climbing.

aJEYbiXyKH0PCDpTDAOLS8oJhDAuRmQpdp0BQM03pvjXKNd5LOczHDOZhf_K2hFCrlHBwPEsrH-MiZptmNlj8KSPOwQiPPJ_hlRLjgUXV4k7YTVrL2Hzlocv-Qb5qp9KjkWE09VPPwLebTnwzuh6hUojbVUfA7sUcQGOzgUaPsLzgu_voLVhgUF1XfjWgTrgHYG1_ehA7g42jI8JyXOffRzLroEhxqREL0Cy9Fhw-GYNi5nUf3sPglTnOAgsJzFM7QqiI-9uCE5ZgpTDk8h_bsj8R8S1joAhAmMHi4VEILvXwCCe1pTFx4BAvsTMBscn3bxIKefXeSqISLeIQoKuyOCMYFwyuUvobD1LclBXp8m8ie_vwhDxKQQzR8ldSpM8Cge5NZtMsdu2qHsoZk8cdz_J3okfNexU8LKglX-VTNxcsCJc9fhi4LM8U7Yl8FchOOh9zy_SU5lbg1cLn2pxjQbcJhhv1-jYsRM-HKNJ_7NyCsWFgQvbeSEly3HYoJYL6ocKoyiAF75yUJ6KIhdWnI9iQYONn40cJRFeM9WXdobTF5Y-X2Q4cwmaEc2pVDeMrXSw8sC9GvRQ_uCQ6tjDdBa9lX7OIIo=w1190-h794-no

pic not mine

Went on my usual 10k ride with my dad earlier today, saw a little girl (probably 6 or 7) Contadoring it by hitting the deck and landing straight on her chin. But not a peep out of her... just like Contador she got up and went on riding that three-wheel thingy. (Sorry, don't know the name for it in English.) If anything she looked embarrassed, looked like she didn't want anyone to see this unfortunate crashing incident. (She did have supervision, so it's not like I left her all alone to deal with her wounds.)

Ladies and gents, I think we've got ourselves a future pro cyclist here! :) :cool:

Hilly "little" out-and-back today (no good pictures since it was raining up top). Building up some endurance for a proper mountain day I've got lined up before the year ends. Still a ways to go.

Attachments

• 2-7-16.png
    2-7-16.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,175
Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks great!

Today, I rode my bike from the shop to my home. A brand new bike, that is. I'm excited!

I hope to find some time tomorrow to take it for a spin!

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

carton said:
Rewarding your Alpine fitness with a new bike? I'm jealous. Well, I'd guess most of us are quite likely jealous.

Yeah, I convinced myself I needed a new one :p

No seriously, my old bike was getting, well, old and needed a lot of necessary and pricey maintenance and replacements. As the frame was nearing its minimal expected lifetime anyway I decided that I would start looking for a new one. I wasn't actually planning on buying one until the next season, but I got a really sweet deal and went for it.

I'll get the old bike back in riding order cheaply and lend it to my father; he's probably not going to use it much, so it's not going to matter much that the shifting is that smooth and some of the bearings show signs of wear.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
This week I didn't have uch time to ride my bike, but yesterday I still found some time for a short ride to Misurina and the lago d'Antorno (the lake after the first steep section of the Tre Cime climb after Misurina) ad back home, about 53km.
The weather was nice, not too hot, and I had time to stop for a coffee in Misurina.
Next week I want to do a +100km training ride wih multiple climbs, but right now the traffic is becoming a bit of a problem, there are just too many cars around right now, that's one of the main reasons why I'm mostly training on my MTB durning the summer.

TRENDING THREADS