• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

King Boonen said:
Found Rick James' new bike, very nice, not steel though so obviously not as good as it could be :D

I should definitely get the train to Stirling sometime this year and you can show me some Perthshire roads.
yip we should get a ride sorted out, I've got great roads around here when I hit the countryside, up over Crieff way are amazing roads

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
RedheadDane said:
I didn't ride anywhere today. However, yesterday I rode my bike down to my parents and grandmother, and then I rode home again after we'd eaten. :D

I don't have any suggestions to the group-riding issue. I get nervous just by riding on the bike lane with other cyclists. I get nervous just by watching the bunch in the pro races during a sprint.
Then there was the one time I overtook a lady on her bike, our handlebars touched, and I sorta went flying out onto the road. Few cars, luckily, and I stayed upright.

But yeah, people who are on their phones while riding should be shot. Not just talking people on group-rides here, but also regular cyclists. Surely that text doesn't need to be answered now...

My phone turns into my bike computer when I ride. It's mounted on my handle bars....please don't shoot me. :p

Can I shoot you a little bit? Maybe with a water pistol...

RedheadDane said:
Jspear said:
RedheadDane said:
I didn't ride anywhere today. However, yesterday I rode my bike down to my parents and grandmother, and then I rode home again after we'd eaten. :D

I don't have any suggestions to the group-riding issue. I get nervous just by riding on the bike lane with other cyclists. I get nervous just by watching the bunch in the pro races during a sprint.
Then there was the one time I overtook a lady on her bike, our handlebars touched, and I sorta went flying out onto the road. Few cars, luckily, and I stayed upright.

But yeah, people who are on their phones while riding should be shot. Not just talking people on group-rides here, but also regular cyclists. Surely that text doesn't need to be answered now...

My phone turns into my bike computer when I ride. It's mounted on my handle bars....please don't shoot me. :p

Can I shoot you a little bit? Maybe with a water pistol...

In July, yes!

King Boonen said:
rick james said:
took my new bike up my local steep ramp and its bloody steep, a tough 8 minute effort, pleased I was just over a minute from my best time so pleased with it, Scotland got hit with a cold spell this week and it hit me like a brick, I was in bib shorts last weekend then this week I was back in winter gear...
Logie Kirk? What bike? I should check Strava.

I've missed all this dry weather as I have my daughter for two weeks. Sneaking out on a club run tomorrow morning though

I can't see JSpear's new bike. Can someone repost it?

I can't see the pic on my phone right now. Will have to check later on my laptop.

rick james said:
King Boonen said:
Found Rick James' new bike, very nice, not steel though so obviously not as good as it could be :D

I should definitely get the train to Stirling sometime this year and you can show me some Perthshire roads.
yip we should get a ride sorted out, I've got great roads around here when I hit the countryside, up over Crieff way are amazing roads

Will give you a shout once I've got myself sorted in the new place, well up for some new roads, even fancy the Kirk at the moment!

124 Km, 28.5 KPH average, 1154 meters of climbing. Beautiful weather.
Loving my new bike.

8qAXdZKMCc8OHL-4PyYKNGI-U5Cm9WzRQDicNYhY2H4KO8Q13UmvG7PXoBnZEyd6Ta4FbmLBiTokiGtslPb3z8MkJjc8UUl4sktSSdYzvVZdudNw2XDSnm0WwdwKYTAsQpKKXq5TGxEhjhaFBkHDqSlBur1sc8MWb5FRTkj_oHgQtv_1P4AaSzIkfq2sWESvFs2It9Qxbz6ePU7or25LnZ8Ftuw8YOmmKnP0dppmxY1cJmvrolkdaWBnblA7y01aJLx4PkJHIwDoDiYuE4bKMJ332lKb9fLbatADwXCwJjJpzpOb6qNNUs_we36xsSD4JJ3U9Ljb8XRkYLdoaQrrzmX8AR0G7w7KdVYTJJHdY-Kzj771lMo5C5ukcUdEEX-zmrzn4sWCC-dfRTFosUMqzVziWcAvB6ux2apU0r9lDrOxv-SlZb8VGhm9TwM86FCduLGULkgR-Xf1g9tYdXfH6FGSqpVRu1AFYVppD_6W4mtBxsyxj9FW8SZBsolCqQWQzYsFU0RB_5C5KaoZjP0yJ50HuD1mSF0QHmBboIuK4xGo37XeElx_0YkgPCCoooxuXWwyaYqm182xiUXGU0yHbvp-A2R81OMqXmweCbiAJk4OGbNhUDfK=w1200-h900-no

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I live for those long recovery/base/tan-rides in short-short, 20 celsius, no wind and sunny. Damn it feels good, super meditative.
Yes, they are always nice.
Tody I climbed Tre Cime. A bit cold, only around 10°C down iin the valley and very little sunshine and I didnt have great legs, but it was still great.

I've got some new (to me) 10 speed Ultegra bits to hang on my bike. Hopefully I'll get out this weekend to test them although it looks like the good weather we've been having is coming to an end which could mean the fixed wheel comes back out. Need to get the video camera charged to, got a ride planned that will hopefully go through so epic scenery!

First commute in ages! Moved flat so I've had to be in the car a lot due to boxes, decorating, Ikea trips, B and Q etc... Finally got to ride my bike in and spin my legs which was great. Rode in half of the way with my other half so that was slow, then took my time in the sun for the second half :)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I did a local criterium today. The 'ronde van Katendrecht'. On holy cycling ground *ahum*. Unfortunately I found out I am not as fast as last year. Still had fun though, even got interviewed by the local television afterwards!
portclassic.jpg

The start and finish of the lap are on the same place the Rotterdam finish of the world port classic was in 2015, where Kris Boeckmans won the stage and the race.

I'd love to do the 310km, it's with a couple of people who are doing the TCR and I've been wanting to get out on a big ride with them for ages. However, if you flick through my Strava you'll see how little riding I've done over the past 1 1/2 - 2 months. Not sure going straight to 310 is a good idea...

TRENDING THREADS