• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The World According to Lance - 4 Corners

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Although Perth is 15 years behind, the show will only be delayed 3 hours!!

Even though you are still in 1997, I don't want you to undo this all (as per earlier msg). What would we talk about if not for the LA shenanigans?

The tinternet would implode and we'll all be off smelling roses and happily watching cycling in July.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Alex Simmons/RST said:
In Australia on Monday evening, ABC TV is screening this report:
The World According to Lance

It screens at 8.30pm Monday evening at it's usual time.

It's so hard to keep up with everything here, so it's probably already been referenced in another thread but thought I'd mention it in it's own thread anyway.

For those outside of Australia who may not know, 4 Corners is Australia's premier investigative journal program and has been most influential in uncovering some of Australia's biggest scandals, be they government, corporate, sporting other otherwise. Of course in this instance they will be reporting mostly existing information rather than uncovering new material, but still they don't usually hold back on these things.

The ABC is Australia's equivalent of the UK's BBC and is dominantly funded by government sourced public money.
It is completely funded by the Government but it should be good and I am really looking forward to it. It exposes race fixing used by Lance as well.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-15/australian-legend-witnessed-armstrong-bribe/4312558
Race Radio said:
I doubt you will be able to find this on the internet. It will be heavily Geo restricted, but I expect they will do some kind of syndication so it will likely show up on broadcast TV across the world.
It is a public broadcaster so of course you won't be able to watch it. The programs are heavily restricted.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
fhance said:
This is awesome.
Do you know who gets credit for creating it?

laf.png

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Its going to be good tonight - just saw a bit on The Drum: Jorge Jaekshe (sp?) spells out the UCI's lack of interest in the information he had

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Betsy opens it -

Steven Swart testimony now - Lance objects to testimony

SCA case interview with attorney representing them - races fixed

denial under oath by armstrong now shown

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Stephanie Mcilwaine deposition shown now

Greg Lemond phonecall to Stephanie shown now - recording

"in that room I heard it" - Stephanie

We know all this!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
sairyder said:
Stephanie Mcilwaine deposition shown now

Greg Lemond phonecall to Stephanie shown now - recording

"in that room I heard it" - Stephanie

We know all this!

Yeah, it was always going to be for the novices. I have recorded the show instead of watching it live.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Alex Simmons/RST said:
Well, the shops are commercial but the actual network itself is completely Government funded.
GoneWithTailWind said:
The fact that Kerrie O'Brien is named as having a hand in it adds cachet. My poor suffering other half is even prepared to sit down and watch it this evening.

Kerry O'Brien? Are you for real? If anything, it ensures that it has ALP fingerprints all over the program.