• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The World According to Lance - 4 Corners

In Australia on Monday evening, ABC TV is screening this report:
The World According to Lance

It screens at 8.30pm Monday evening at it's usual time.

It's so hard to keep up with everything here, so it's probably already been referenced in another thread but thought I'd mention it in it's own thread anyway.

For those outside of Australia who may not know, 4 Corners is Australia's premier investigative journal program and has been most influential in uncovering some of Australia's biggest scandals, be they government, corporate, sporting other otherwise. Of course in this instance they will be reporting mostly existing information rather than uncovering new material, but still they don't usually hold back on these things.

The ABC is Australia's equivalent of the UK's BBC and is dominantly funded by government sourced public money.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Alex Simmons/RST said:
In Australia on Monday evening, ABC TV is screening this report:
The World According to Lance

It screens at 8.30pm Monday evening at it's usual time.

It's so hard to keep up with everything here, so it's probably already been referenced in another thread but thought I'd mention it in it's own thread anyway.

For those outside of Australia who may not know, 4 Corners is Australia's premier investigative journal program and has been most influential in uncovering some of Australia's biggest scandals, be they government, corporate, sporting other otherwise. Of course in this instance they will be reporting mostly existing information rather than uncovering new material, but still they don't usually hold back on these things.

The ABC is Australia's equivalent of the UK's BBC and is dominantly funded by government sourced public money.
close to PBS Frontline

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, can hardly wait for it. I will probably watch it on ABC
Iview when I get home at 9.30pm. Hopefully they put it up on iview immediately, they usually do.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow program previewed on ABC News breakfast just now:

Phil Liggett interviewed
Betsy
Emma
Phil Anderson race fixing allegations :"I can't recall" - In it up to his neck!!

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Yingge said:
For those outside of AUS, the ABC usually keep their programs online for a while, but sadly, I think they are geo-restricted. Time will tell of course.

They are geo-restricted. Last time cyclingtips.com uploaded the video for general consumption, from memory.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I doubt you will be able to find this on the internet. It will be heavily Geo restricted, but I expect they will do some kind of syndication so it will likely show up on broadcast TV across the world.

Race Radio said:
I doubt you will be able to find this on the internet. It will be heavily Geo restricted, but I expect they will do some kind of syndication so it will likely show up on broadcast TV across the world.

Don't be surprised if this immediately becomes world wide news. Lance fixing the triple crown is old hat to us, but remember LA Confidential was only in French, and at the time anyone anti Lance was considered cranks to the general public.

And as others have said this is a reputable "public owned" national show, not associated with moneygrubbers like Fox et el.

sittingbison said:
Don't be surprised if this immediately becomes world wide news. Lance fixing the triple crown is old hat to us, but remember LA Confidential was only in French, and at the time anyone anti Lance was considered cranks to the general public.

And as others have said this is a reputable "public owned" national show, not associated with moneygrubbers like Fox et el.

The show is the bedrock of investigative journalism in Australia. Its been on for around 20 years.

Its not on commercial TV so there's no pressure from sponsors. It similar to BBC"s Panorama or in the US... ummm..... not sure if there is anything!

My suspicion is that they'll uncover some of the payments to the hospitals and certain Doctors after the SCA trial.

Just a hunch.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Its well known that when planes arrive at the airport, the pilot says "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are arriving in Perth. Please put your watches back 15 years"

So that would take us to hmmm...1997!! If only I could now prevent all this from happening lol
good one! Except Broome of course that place is on another planet altogether.

fhance said:

Not bad...

laf.png

Microchip said:
Is it the same ABC company that owns the network channel in the United States? If so, what is the likelihood of it being re-broadcast?

No. The ABC is the Australian government funded national broadcaster, in a similar vein to the BBC in the UK. It is a not-for-profit organisation.

thehog said:
The show is the bedrock of investigative journalism in Australia. Its been on for around 20 years.

4 Corners has been going for over 50 years. It is by far consistently the best investigative journalism program on Aussie TV. Nothing else comes close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Corners_(TV_series)

The commercial TV station programs are mostly entertainment dressed up as current affairs/journalism.

(Bad) people fear a 4 Corners report and this is one show that has changed the face of Australian political history, uncovered political, police and government corruption, disgraceful policy and even the disgusting conduct of sports stars.

Race Radio said:

It will be available in iview but I don't know if that has geographical restrictions:
http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/series/four corners

TRENDING THREADS