• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The World According to Lance - 4 Corners

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
sairyder said:
Phil Liggett. "Very sad - everybody else did it i find it very hard to think that Lance didn't"

Wait, what? So now it's hard to believe Lance is clean because of all the other guys who were found to be dirty? You know, like the ones who got popped like a decade ago? And now suddenly this information finally reaches Phil Liggett because he has limited access to professional cycling. Why the sudden flip-flop, Phil? How many sides doth thy mouth contain?

I can understand him saying that the evidence looks pretty damning so it looks like Lance is guilty after all, but this is hilarious. Do us all a favor, Phil. Put down the microphone and slowly walk away. That's it. Keep walking.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I thought that in the videos of the deposition, Armstrong was struggling not to lose it and go ape ****....He looked positively furious...

And Phil Liggett looking almost like he was going to burst into tears when he spoke.

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Unless he's even more psychopathic than Lance I think we can now safely say that Liggett is just a stoopid old man.
I don't think we'll see him back - he's broken.

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Well, the shops are commercial but the actual network itself is completely Government funded.

Kerry O'Brien? Are you for real? If anything, it ensures that it has ALP fingerprints all over the program.

I mean he has cachet among some members of this household (and a fair few other households I suspect)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Well researched piece. Nothing new to all the clinic regulars sans Liggett's 180, but no doubt an eye opener for the general public.

Also agree that Betsy's like a fine wine. Gets better with age.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Well, the shops are commercial but the actual network itself is completely Government funded.

Actually they make quite a lot of money from selling programming. Banana's in Pajama's makes a sh!tload for ABC. No kidding.

And agree with others, I thought Phil was going to cry for sure. But **** Pound...just smashes the UCI. Great work.

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Jeez, Phil's just agonising to listen too isn't he! Should have closed his trap at about the 1:30 minute mark. Remembered all the tax details etc of the million bonus split, but couldn't remember the meeting and the 50 grand offer with LA. Nice journalistic style too - the journo takes him on gentle journey up until the present, Phil gets more and more comfortable, then bam, the journo slots in the 1993 question on the bribe, and doesn't back off. The unseen roundhouse punch - then Phils just rope-a-dope with a capital D for the last five minutes. Tragic.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
el hipopotamo said:
Wait, what? So now it's hard to believe Lance is clean because of all the other guys who were found to be dirty? You know, like the ones who got popped like a decade ago? And now suddenly this information finally reaches Phil Liggett because he has limited access to professional cycling. Why the sudden flip-flop, Phil? How many sides doth thy mouth contain?

I can understand him saying that the evidence looks pretty damning so it looks like Lance is guilty after all, but this is hilarious. Do us all a favor, Phil. Put down the microphone and slowly walk away. That's it. Keep walking.

eye_jar_1_front.png

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Surfdelux said:
Jeez, Phil's just agonising to listen too isn't he! Should have closed his trap at about the 1:30 minute mark. Remembered all the tax details etc of the million bonus split, but couldn't remember the meeting and the 50 grand offer with LA. Nice journalistic style too - the journo takes him on gentle journey up until the present, Phil gets more and more comfortable, then bam, the journo slots in the 1993 question on the bribe, and doesn't back off. The unseen roundhouse punch - then Phils just rope-a-dope with a capital D for the last five minutes. Tragic.
Yep I agree with you there re the Phil Anderson interview .. he just waltzed right into it ... going well.. then oops! suddenly like a rabbit in the headlights... he was almost spluttering!

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Worth it for Phil alone. Towards the end "I don't know if he is proved to be taken drugs... He can call up Obama, he has his number"

Yeh, I heard he's already done that :eek:

For all I know Iggy Pop can call up Obama, doesn't mean he's going to pass a drug test Phil