• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Theo Bos - causing another accident

Last year Theo Bos brought down race leader Impey in the closing metres of a road race. It was heavily debated whether it was on purpose, but regardless, poor Impey suffered serious injuries.

Apparently this weekend, Bos again caused a crash. In The Rotterdam 6-day race, he slipped and brought down race leader Michael Morkov. This time I doubt it was on purpose, but one is left wondering if this guy should race anything but individual starts.

A

Anonymous

Ive got no time for the guy since the impey crash.. He has no place in pro cycling as far as im concerned..

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
hmronnow said:
This time I doubt it was on purpose

I Agree but I am still very disapointed. I have followed Michael Mørkøv and Alex Rasmussen for many years.
It was suppose to be the season where the danish couple would dethrone Marvulli and Risi in the madison event (?) thats what you call it in english right?.

From what I have heard Mørkøv will be allright though

Bala Verde said:
J'accuse!

The great 'Theo-Bos-is-evil' revival thread... the how manyth is this again?

While I agree with you in the sense that some issues get overplayed to the point that I stop caring about it in the first place, I can hardly argue with the OP in this case. People were left with a very bad taste in there mouths because of the whole thing, not just because of the incident itself, which was disgusting of course, but also with the ridiculously low amount of punishment he got. If you get two years for taking drugs, I think Bos should've gotten at least that, if not more (although I disagree with dimspace that he shouldn't be allowed back). If he had gotten punished reasonably he would still be sitting on his ***, let alone racing 6-days and causing accidents, whether on purpose or not. And that ticks people off, myself included.

Moondance said:
People were left with a very bad taste in there mouths because of the whole thing, not just because of the incident itself, which was disgusting of course, but also with the ridiculously low amount of punishment he got.

I think it's fascinating how people have fully fledged opinions on the Tour of Turkey-incident. It's just impossible to see from the footage available what actually happened.
Even assuming Theo Bos is pure evil, which some people like to do, answer me this: why in the world would he do such a thing?

theyoungest said:
I think it's fascinating how people have fully fledged opinions on the Tour of Turkey-incident. It's just impossible to see from the footage available what actually happened.
Even assuming Theo Bos is pure evil, which some people like to do, answer me this: why in the world would he do such a thing?

It's only impossible to see if you have your eyes closed.
Bos should have never touched the race leader. He tried to squeeze into a spot where he didn't belong, then dragged down the race leader. It's quite clear he grabbed on to Impey's jersey.

theyoungest said:

I don't think he's evil, I just think he's an idiot. He took his hand off his bars, grabbed a handful of another racers jersey, and brought the guy down with him. This makes him a total moron at best.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
So many crashes in the Rotterdam Six...they should all be suspended...good grief...do we have to hear about Bos every time he crashes?

Moose McKnuckles said:
It's only impossible to see if you have your eyes closed.
Bos should have never touched the race leader. He tried to squeeze into a spot where he didn't belong, then dragged down the race leader. It's quite clear he grabbed on to Impey's jersey.
To me it looks like Bos is trying to ward him off.
And what's this about "the race leader"? It's the Tour of Turkey, for crying out loud. It's not like Bos wanted to risk his career, trying to prevent someone from winning this extremely high profile race.

A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
To me it looks like Bos is trying to ward him off.
And what's this about "the race leader"? It's the Tour of Turkey, for crying out loud. It's not like Bos wanted to risk his career, trying to prevent someone from winning this extremely high profile race.

oh dear.. here we go again...

Ive watched that video countless times, in varous levels of zoom, and freeze frame (obviosly, it was me that posted)..

sadly, its pretty clear that several things happened.

a) he grabbed the base of impeys jersey
b) you then see the base of impeys jersey ride up his back.. jerseys do not ride up of their own accord, the only way that could happen is if Bos's hand was making a forward motion to lift the shirt up.
c) Bos's hand is removed from the jersey after impey loses his forward momentum and starts going sideways, an just moments before he hit the barrier.

Now wether bos intended to push him forward, or as resulted sideways into the barrier we will never know. But it is clear that there was an intention to do something. Grabbing another sprinters jersey like that is simply disgraceful. Ive never seen another rider do it, ive seen physical sprints, elbows, leaning, even punches, but never anything like that..

I dont think a life ban obviously. But i certainly think a full season would have been more than fair. He wasnt even off the bike as long as Daryll was..

That said, as before, the 6 days is a different matter entirely, the only way that accident would have been avoided is if bos hasnt been riding, which perhaps he shouldnt have been.

Well, this is my "reading" of the accident: Bos tries to ward Impey off, then hits the barrier and goes down, instinctively holding on to the shirt and so taking Impey with him.
But anywho, I don't know why I got involved in this discussion in the first place, since it's endless, and pointless.

A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
Well, this is my "reading" of the accident: Bos tries to ward Impey off, then hits the barrier and goes down, instinctively holding on to the shirt and so taking Impey with him.
But anywho, I don't know why I got involved in this discussion in the first place, since it's endless, and pointless.

watch it again.. :confused:

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:

Well you said it your self so I only need to quote you.

I thought you might be a troll but you are to damn stubborn.

theyoungest said:

It's obvious why you got involved in the discussion - you're here to do some public relations work for Theo Bos. Whether that's because you're his friend, on his payroll, or just another chamois sniffer who likes the way he looks on a bike is beside the point.

You admitted Bos' main error yourself - he took Impey down with him. This makes him a total moron who got off very lightly.