• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

RattaKuningas said:
CheckMyPecs said:
SeriousSam said:
He looked terrible when he was getting dropped. Probably coming down with something
It must have been really sudden. FDJ were pulling at the front just before he got dropped.

Or they tried to go as fast as comfortable to discourage attacks and hide what was going on.
It was a tremendous miscalculation, if so.

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Go to Giro, Tour is not for Tibo, deal with it.

Agreed. But I think this is a matter of sponsor objectives. FDJ - TDF. But I find that stupid as well if they keep focusing with him here.

@Alexandre B. : Exactly, did not expect this. He simply told that he miscalculated his peak. Feeling exactly like at Dauphine. Sadness !

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Krokro said:
Rollthedice said:
Go to Giro, Tour is not for Tibo, deal with it.

Agreed. But I think this is a matter of sponsor objectives. FDJ - TDF. But I find that stupid as well if they keep focusing with him here.

@Alexandre B. : Exactly, did not expect this. He simply told that he miscalculated his peak. Feeling exactly like at Dauphine. Sadness !
What? How is that possible? He wasn't good in dauphine. Last year, he maybe peeked too early but this year is impossible

BigMac said:
No legs today. It happens to the best.

Nobody really believes there are 16 or so better climbers than him here or anywhere.

People again reaching precipitate conclusions. When will this end.

He also had no legs two days ago, but was able to follow Bardet, Quintana and Valverde in the final. :confused: I am not sure there is a physical reason for this.

lenric said:
hrotha said:
lenric said:
Pinot is such a joke.
Currently ranked 7th in the year's CQ Ranking. But hey, opportunism is fun.

And he could be the first that I'd say the same. There was no reason for Pinot to perform like crap, especially for the GT he was peaking for. But hey, being biased is fun.

The point is, you cannot be 7th in cqrankings and be a joke. Not really much room for subjectivity.

And calling hrotha biased is as funny as it gets.

Even Contador, who's all screwed up, could be with the group.
Pinot's goal is to be a top-5 Tour GT rider, not a top-3 one week race rider. Take your own conclusions and keep them to yourself, because that's all they are: opinions. Everyone is entitled to have theirs.

I don't think Pinot is a joke by any stretch; but even his fans have to admit: unless he was sick today, this is what utter failure looks like. His entire season is built around this race, the only valid excuse for a performance like today's is sickness, nothing else will do. I really hope he can come back and salvage his tour somehow.

Unless there was some sickness involved, mental burnout is the only thing that makes sense. Definitely should concentrate for Giro and Vuelta for next year or two and establish himself properly as a top level GT-rider. For now,repeated failures at the Tour show him much worse in that department than he actually is. The level he showed troughout the earlier part of this season is certainly no fluke.