• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And "great" Lance Armstrong wrote on his twitter: ,,Why is it “sad” when one of the favorites gets dropped? It’s not sad, it’s a tough man’s game. If they don’t have the legs then tough ***. Period. Plenty of things in this world are “sad” but this isn’t one of ‘em."

I lost all my respect to him long time ago, but i wonder how deep can someone fall even if he is on the deepest bottom that have ever existed.

Re:

alexix7 said:
And "great" Lance Armstrong wrote on his twitter: ,,Why is it “sad” when one of the favorites gets dropped? It’s not sad, it’s a tough man’s game. If they don’t have the legs then tough ****. Period. Plenty of things in this world are “sad” but this isn’t one of ‘em."

I lost all my respect to him long time ago, but i wonder how deep can someone fall even if he is on the deepest bottom that have ever existed.
LA doesn't even know the word empathy, so I am not surprised.

Re:

alexix7 said:
And "great" Lance Armstrong wrote on his twitter: ,,Why is it “sad” when one of the favorites gets dropped? It’s not sad, it’s a tough man’s game. If they don’t have the legs then tough ****. Period. Plenty of things in this world are “sad” but this isn’t one of ‘em."

Lance obviously didn't know that he got taken to hospital after being exhausted.....

I for one agree with Lance. I don't think its sad when Yates drops, Chaves drops, when Pinot drops or when TJ dropped in 2015, for example. Its a GT, an event over 21 days and if you don't have what it takes endurance and recovery-wise, you will be spit out of the back in the last week - particularly when the stages are this hard, like in the Giro. Its a big part of riding GTs - I don't get why it would be 'sad'. Never having bad days and not declining over 3 weeks is a skill, an attribute, which obviously is extremely important when riding GC in GTs. I don't think its sad that Rodriguez can't time trial either.

Its sad if you are sick, crashes or whatever, but otherwise, why would it be sad if you simply dont have it and get dropped?

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
That said I feel kinda bad for such a passioned fan as Tonton, but yeah.
That's alright my friend...it's cycling :) . You take the good, you take the bad. As hard to swallow as it is for me, I can't imagine how Thibaut must be feeling right now. He had it...only to see his prize slip away. In that sense, yes it's sad. Not that I necessarily disagree with LA's point, but coming from him, what a (sad) joke.

I hope that Thibaut gets back on the saddle, finishes this great Giro. He gave everything he had, no regrets to have, no reason to feel ashamed. And he can take solace in the fact that he has been a factor in this race and he will leave Il Giro with more fans than before.

Vai Tibopino!

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Implosion of several GC guys during past two days means, that this was really incredibly hard Giro. There is no reason to regret anything, Tibopino gave it all, unfortunately it was not enough. Most probably he gave it in fact more than all and therefore he was vomiting and imploding, possibly also get some illness due to exhaustion.

He is still great rider, one of the most talented guys of his generation. And still young he will have another chance to succeed in GT.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
alexix7 said:

LA doesn't even know the word empathy, so I am not surprised.
I prefer Armstrong's open sociopathy over Froomes fake friendliness!

He's got a point somehow. It's just a pretty harsh considering Pinot apparently is seriously ill. Which like you correctly stated, wasn't aware of... At least not fully.

I agree with Valv.Piti here. That said, it's obviously not nice to see anyone getting sick from racing. Cycling is brutal, one of the hardest sports out there and we have to appreciate everyone fighting as hard as they can. Chapeau to Pinot for his brave ride. Not everyone would have continued in his condition. Respect.

One of many collapses : Chaves, Yates, Pinot, Dennis was more of an expected one. Aru gone home. Needless to say this was a tough race. There were no easy days, every stage was raced hard and of course the rest days always play a part. When rest days come before a hard stage it's always a nightmare for some riders. I really thought Pinot was going to get his podium this time.

Just read that he left the hospital today. Had high fever during the stage and showed signs of a pneumonia.
Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.
Madiot needs to use his brain now. Let him recover and skipp the Tour. Use the Vuelta to get in shape and target Worlds+Lombardia. Pinot has shown that he can be really good in those type of races.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

MuskyOurSaviour said:
Makes his rides past few days look more impressive. What a fighter. Hope he recovers for the Tour
I hope they let him rest enough, riding the Tour after this would be rather reckless, let him recover and use the Vuelta to hit peak shape for WC and Lombardia.

TRENDING THREADS