• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Now it does make sense, actually. Seriously, I like the way he is, a simple backcountry raising animals bicycle champion. How can one not like this guy?

A simple backcountry guy? He's the product of a nasty, very well-schemed hero-plot invented by professional media staff from the French state. "How can we make people from other countries care about one of our riders so much that they watch the Tour biting their nails while hoping that our guy wins? Ah, yes. First of all he needs to be good-looking, not the greasy, perfect kind of good-looking, but the nice kind, with some hair that looks undone and ingenuous brown eyes. A simple country-guy. Always with a look of "I don't even know how I got here"- look on his face. Secondly, we need a good plot for him. Always being close to winning, but then, the, unlikely, fall. With the years he gets closer to actually winning the Tour, the drama grows bigger. He overcomes all obstacles and setbacks. He evolves. Improves and erases his weaknesses. Grows stronger and stronger, but basically stays the same simple country guy, who lives on a farm with his animals. Naturally, the animals have to be very cute. I see a lot of pictures of him with cute animals coming up. Now, to make him even more likeable, he needs to be emotional, not the brittle, stiff type. But not too extroverted, people sometimes don't like that, he will still be a little shy, or at least he does not seek the limelight too much. In some race he will have to work for some other guy, ruining his own chances for the win, with the other guy then of course failing to deliver. Then when he actually wins the Tour, the crowd will go crazy. Find me the right guy for that! Oh - and make sure he does have a nice name, too, one that sounds nice and French, maybe something that even rhymes a little..."

A simple backcountry guy? He's the product of a nasty, very well-schemed hero-plot invented by professional media staff from the French state. "How can we make people from other countries care about one of our riders so much that they watch the Tour biting their nails while hoping that our guy wins? Ah, yes. First of all he needs to be good-looking, not the greasy, perfect kind of good-looking, but the nice kind, with some hair that looks undone and ingenuous brown eyes. A simple country-guy. Always with a look of "I don't even know how I got here"- look on his face. Secondly, we need a good plot for him. Always being close to winning, but then, the, unlikely, fall. With the years he gets closer to actually winning the Tour, the drama grows bigger. He overcomes all obstacles and setbacks. He evolves. Improves and erases his weaknesses. Grows stronger and stronger, but basically stays the same simple country guy, who lives on a farm with his animals. Naturally, the animals have to be very cute. I see a lot of pictures of him with cute animals coming up. Now, to make him even more likeable, he needs to be emotional, not the brittle, stiff type. But not too extroverted, people sometimes don't like that, he will still be a little shy, or at least he does not seek the limelight too much. In some race he will have to work for some other guy, ruining his own chances for the win, with the other guy then of course failing to deliver. Then when he actually wins the Tour, the crowd will go crazy. Find me the right guy for that! Oh - and make sure he does have a nice name, too, one that sounds nice and French, maybe something that even rhymes a little..."

Humble, in touch with nature and not afraid to cry. The ultimate 21st century man

"Oh, and make sure to stick him in a team with a manager who gets super enthusiastic whenever he wins."

Why would Tonton be angry with us trolling - or I guess the correct term would be spamming - this thread with pictures of Tibo with animals?
XZA2ujS.png

Don't know about that, but the dog is beautiful!
For all of you following the menagerie along with the riders...that is a DOG with Gaudu and maybe a Husky hybrid. I've seen Pinot with burros, sheep and a calf. Still waiting for the goat but I don't want to go back into the thread and harsh the actual Pinot Noir buzz I have....
Finally watched the DdL stage 5 and Pinot had the power to make things happen. Our MSNBC coverage started after the break got the gap but he hammered to the end. Relying on a French combine with Bardet....not so much.

You boys need to get up into the Alpine country. They have lot's of cows; the big things with long Thibaut eyelashes. Then there are the burros. If you can't distinguish them from goats, sheep or cows go back to Paris and ride and Ebike. Next they have sheep. Lots of sheep. They look like, er…. sheep. Goats are the last resort of Alpine animal husbandry since they produce some milk but eat everything green to the dirt. They can be mean, too.
The final conclusion I have from that Stage 5 free for all was that Pogacar is riding hard and hurting himself. The results could be scary several weeks from now but he and Pinot have a thin team so they'll be opportunists in the GC. Sepp Kuss was cruising after a week of hard work so he'll be vital to JV. Ineos is the enigma: can they be that poorly prepared? I saw Geraint training big hills in Malibu in January so he hasn't been relegated to roller. Check his Strava. Kwiatkowski deserves to be able to free lance if what we saw was what they can bring in the next weeks. I'm more interested in what EF might be able to do if they all don't crash, again and again.

Reactions: BlueRoads
For all of you following the menagerie along with the riders...that is a DOG with Gaudu and maybe a Husky hybrid. I've seen Pinot with burros, sheep and a calf. Still waiting for the goat but I don't want to go back into the thread and harsh the actual Pinot Noir buzz I have....
Finally watched the DdL stage 5 and Pinot had the power to make things happen. Our MSNBC coverage started after the break got the gap but he hammered to the end. Relying on a French combine with Bardet....not so much.

You boys need to get up into the Alpine country. They have lot's of cows; the big things with long Thibaut eyelashes. Then there are the burros. If you can't distinguish them from goats, sheep or cows go back to Paris and ride and Ebike. Next they have sheep. Lots of sheep. They look like, er…. sheep. Goats are the last resort of Alpine animal husbandry since they produce some milk but eat everything green to the dirt. They can be mean, too.
The final conclusion I have from that Stage 5 free for all was that Pogacar is riding hard and hurting himself. The results could be scary several weeks from now but he and Pinot have a thin team so they'll be opportunists in the GC. Sepp Kuss was cruising after a week of hard work so he'll be vital to JV. Ineos is the enigma: can they be that poorly prepared? I saw Geraint training big hills in Malibu in January so he hasn't been relegated to roller. Check his Strava. Kwiatkowski deserves to be able to free lance if what we saw was what they can bring in the next weeks. I'm more interested in what EF might be able to do if they all don't crash, again and again.

My guess is the dog is either a Husky or a Malamute or a mix of one of those two breeds. Maybe I should find a picture of a Texas Longhorn steer to post. :)

Maybe EF should take a page from Movistar's typical tradition of just taking a team of climbers and hoping there aren't any cross winds?

Reactions: BlueRoads

TRENDING THREADS