• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 133 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Isn't it weird how FDJ say Pinot's bad performances are because he still feels back pain... but the following days they send him into breakaway groups on the attack?

There's something missing here & I also seriously doubt their doctors are placing him at risk for the mere Tour of the Alpes. But it's all irrelevant because unless he actually rediscovers his actual race winning form, it doesn't matter what Pinot or his team say.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I think he just refuses to give up. All the times he DNF he really showed his fighting spirit, which is something I really like in him, but the team needs to step in and stop him.

He is only hurting himself. The back pain won't get better with more racing, it will only get worse.

He lost 9 minutes today, he's not doing the Giro, why is he still in the race? Just leave, get your sh*t together and go for the Vuelta or some other races at the end of the season.

I think he just refuses to give up. All the times he DNF he really showed his fighting spirit, which is something I really like in him, but the team needs to step in and stop him.

He is only hurting himself. The back pain won't get better with more racing, it will only get worse.

He lost 9 minutes today, he's not doing the Giro, why is he still in the race? Just leave, get your sh*t together and go for the Vuelta or some other races at the end of the season.

He was in the break yesterday so I guess he still thinks he has something to offer. I am beginning to think they know that racing won't make the situation worse.

Another day in the breakaway, but apparently his back started to give him problem once again after some time.

It mainly seems to be a problem on longer climbs, he was fine on the short hills in the one day races at the start of the season. I blame the team, they should send him to ride more races that feature hilly terrain and lack longer climbs until his back gets better. Sending him to the Ardennes classics would have been an option.

I don't really blame him that much for wanting to finish the Tour after what had happened to him and with the final TT being pretty much in his backyard, but at some point the team should have pulled the plug.

Another day in the breakaway, but apparently his back started to give him problem once again after some time.

It mainly seems to be a problem on longer climbs, he was fine on the short hills in the one day races at the start of the season. I blame the team, they should send him to ride more races that feature hilly terrain and lack longer climbs until his back gets better. Sending him to the Ardennes classics would have been an option.

I don't really blame him that much for wanting to finish the Tour after what had happened to him and with the final TT being pretty much in his backyard, but at some point the team should have pulled the plug.
He should have left that team ages ago.

Reactions: yaco
What? You can't be serious. Although I'm not too optimistic myself it is way too early to give up completely!
It doesn't seem to be something that serious that he can't go back to his usual level.

He just needs to find a good doctor/physio/coach to help him solve the issue. I think this is the main problem. Whoever they're consulting is not good enough or doesn't know what to do.
Fck me. I thought i was in the Chris Froome thread (which was right beneath the Thibaut Pinot thread)
I was thinking "these people are delusional" :tearsofjoy:

Anybody know why TiboPino doesn't do much altitude training or any long training camps? He didn't do any this year to prep for the giro, wonder if its because of his back. He was on Teide to prepare for the spring races in 2019 and 2020, but not usually to prepare for grand tours

This is the worst comment I have seen today, Pinot's situation is nothing like Aru. Pinot finished second at the Dauphine about 8 months ago just before the injury, he still can win a lot of races once the back is healed.
Aru's last win was a TdF stage becoming top favourite of that race. The situation is exactly the same, he is just further up the trajectory.

Reactions: Forever The Best

TRENDING THREADS