• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

This is a must watch. Red Bull Stratos.

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That first couple minutes of free fall he was spinning so hard! I don't think he broke the sound barrier though, highest speed I saw was 714mph, which was estimated. The sensors on his suit might tell a different story.

Giuseppe Magnetico said:
That first couple minutes of free fall he was spinning so hard! I don't think he broke the sound barrier though, highest speed I saw was 714mph, which was estimated. The sensors on his suit might tell a different story.

The speed of sound isn't constant. It varies with altitude a lot. It's 760mph at sea level but it's lower than 700mph at most of the altitude he was falling through.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
"I'm going home now" - major goosebumps when he said that! After seeing this I can only imagine how people must have felt like when they watched the moon landing. Congratulations!!

TRENDING THREADS