• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

This weekends Canadian Races

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

flicker said:
These should be some epic races. Can they be seen in the USA?

from what ive seen they are not on versus till the 18th but im sure one of our american friends can clarify

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I think both of these courses will be tougher than initially expected.

Canada, and Quebec have a long history of world cups and cycling events. Montreal will be a very special event. Lots of space for the fans to line up the mountain.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
from what ive seen they are not on versus till the 18th but im sure one of our american friends can clarify

Indeed. Versus will be running "replays" (probably just the last 40-50k or so)
on the 18th and 19th for Quebec and Montreal respectively:

From their website:
"The Grand Prix Cycliste de Quebec: September 18th @2ET
The Grand Prix Cycliste de Montreal: September 19th @5 ET"

Man I hate trying to watch classics type races in the U.S.!
At least Universal is covering the Vuelta and Worlds...

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea of what to expect for tomorrow. It's supposed to be 12 Celsius and rainy in the morning, and clear up as the day progresses. I know a bit of the circuit from being a tourist in Quebec City. Steep, narrow, and twisty is a fairly reasonable assessment of most of the roads within the old part of the city. Add rain to that, and it could get a little too hairy.

As for Montreal, well I saw the bunch get torn to shreds in 1990 and 1992. Back then, I think the estimate for spectators was pegged at 250,000. It certainly wasn't a lack of interest on our part that the event went away for 18 years.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Would be nice to see Hesj win one of the two.... And Gesink the other :p

I see no reason why Hesjedal can't win one of these races. 2nd place in Amstel doesnt happen by accident and the parcours have some similarities. Otherwise, I'm just hoping for 2 good exciting races.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I wish them good luck. Karsten Kroon had better show some form in advance of the Worlds, because for f#$k's sake, he doesn't deserve to be there.

who does deserve to be on that dutch team? Is their a better alternative than him atm or at all?

auscyclefan94 said:
who does deserve to be on that dutch team? Is their a better alternative than him atm or at all?

The problem is that he think he's really good. So they make him the leader of the team and where the hell that's based on nobody knows.
There shouldn't be a leader in the dutch team atm. Unless there was a MTF with Gesink in the team.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
p.s. Is there any way to watch this race today? I'm not going anywhere tonight so I might as well watch this race. but where? :)

If you can get British Eurosport, there is nearly 5hrs coverage from 4.45pm. Not sure if Eurosport HD or International have any coverage.

Eurosport 2 are showing the last hour, I think.

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
I'm not sure if it's british eurosport. My tv calls it eurosport 2 and they also showed the Tour of Poland for example.
It's probably eurosport 2 so I can enjoy the last hour :)

That is the British Eurosport 2.

But I believe most of the stuff on Eurosport (or Eurosport HD) is the same as the UK Eurosport. With digital television you can even get the British broadcasting sound on your broadcast

A

Anonymous

British Eurosport (not 2) directly after the vuelta. Plenty of live feeds on the internet (the vuelta ones should just carry on)

A

Anonymous

lucybears said:
linky doesn't work

work for me. I have noticed recently the forum has been seriously ****ing up links. about 50% of the links dont work and get sent to some redirect.com/http://and then the url of the link...

A

Anonymous

Bag_O_Wallet said:
Well, how the heck did you navigate to that, LucyB??? All I was able to get was:

List available the day before the race.

Nevertheless, thank you!!

front page, scroll down to the two boxes with the dates on, start list and etc, although admittedly i initially looked on the race page