• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thor has "never seen doping"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So either Thor is whiter than white and the dopers know he's the clean sort, or there's more to Thor than meets the eye.

"It's about what you want to achieve. If I wanted to dope in the cycling context, I would have found it, and if I wanted to do drugs and have more fun on the town, I would have certainly found drugs there too, of course."

On the topic of the topic of all topics, Alberto Contador, Hushovd is frank: if he is sanctioned and serves his time, then he can return. The rider who hopes to win Paris-Roubaix in the Rainbow Jersey in 2011 refuses to be drawn into a discussion on right or wrong."

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5...says-he-has-never-seen-doping-in-cycling.aspx

I think essentially this is nothing new.

"Rider denies knowledge of doping "

Hushovd has just become WC so will get more press and as a result has to answer more questions.

Its not just limited to cycling either. Ive seen this exact answer in other sports as well.

We have seen this before.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible? he rode for a french team, Credit Agricole and then Cervelo...so could well be true!

but who knows what to believe anymore, i don't :(

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
In the cyclingnews.com version, he says he has "never seen drugs". That's quite different statement from "never seen doping".
I took it that he has never directly come across drugs/doping. Not that he was denying it existed.

But that won't stop people from reading the runes the way they choose...:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's more credible than if someone like a Schleck had said it, but I'm going to take it with a whole saltshaker. Cycling seems to be cleaner now, and throughout Hushovd's career it's been cleaner in France, but we never get the whole picture until several years later, if at all.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Is it possible? he rode for a french team, Credit Agricole and then Cervelo...so could well be true!

I remember someone once quoted Jens Voigt saying "We even considered hiding the drugs by the side of the road" from his Crédit Agricole days. He later said it had been a joke.

Christian said:
I remember someone once quoted Jens Voigt saying "We even considered hiding the drugs by the side of the road" from his Crédit Agricole days. He later said it had been a joke.
Yes but that's from the 1998 Tour. It's so long ago it was actually his Gan days. Hushovd only joined the team in 2000.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Archibald said:
I'm wondering if "never seen drugs" could be a lost-in-translation type thing. Any Norge's out there care to comment?

The correct term would be Nordmann for Norwegian...Norge is bokmål for Norway. ;)

Original link:

http://www.nrksport.no/sykkel/1.7329729

and quote:

"Jeg har aldri sett dop i sykkemiljøet, og heller aldri på kveldene i bymiljøet, for å si det sånn."

Any Norwegian, or Scandinavian for that matter, can feel free to correct this but roughly it says:

"I have never seen dope/drugs in cycling, nor have I seen it at night in the city, so to speak."

BUT the context it in which it was said is important and I'm not sure what that was since I can't watch the video right now and only have what the article quotes.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
Bearing in mind Legeay's stance on doping while at Z, Gan and, I presume, CA it is not inconceivable that Hushovd has avoided coming into direct contact with it. I can't be as confident that it was the case at CTT.

ultimobici said:
Bearing in mind Legeay's stance on doping while at Z, Gan and, I presume, CA it is not inconceivable that Hushovd has avoided coming into direct contact with it. I can't be as confident that it was the case at CTT.

Sastre has sucked since he moved there, so I think it's possible.

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
He aknowledges it excists, but says he have never seen the actual drug himself.

”I do believe, that GC-riders, who must perform well every day for a long time, and has to ride fast in the mountains, will benefit greater from doping. It is harder for a rider trying to succeed in GC, than me as a sprinter."

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
It seems too good to be true that a world champ has no enhancer experience, much less seen it. I've always enjoyed watching Thor race.

Christian said:
Oh yeah you're right he was still U23 in 1998
You might still have a point though. Assuming Voigt wasn't joking, was a year and a half enough to clean up the team? I think the French federation introduced their "longitudinal testing" program in 1999, and apparently that went a long way to clean up French cycling, but the Cofidis affair was after that.

May 9, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Yes, Hushovd is very likely to still be one of the cleanest top riders.

Ohhhhhhh come on. don't be so f------ naive. He has just won the worlds, of course he has both seen and quite often "been on the juise".

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
loydfloyd32 said:
Ohhhhhhh come on. don't be so f------ naive. He has just won the worlds, of course he has both seen and quite often "been on the juise".
Have you got any evidence, proof, links or connections? I'll take circumstantial if you've got it.

Otherwise this is just typical Clinic bullsh!t.

May 9, 2010
Visit site
don't need any evidence, just common sense. I don't have any problems with thor having been on the juise, hell I don't even have problems with him lying about it. But i have problems with people who think that the top riders don't dope.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
common sense

loydfloyd32 said:
don't need any evidence, just common sense. I don't have any problems with thor having been on the juise, hell I don't even have problems with him lying about it. But i have problems with people who think that the top riders don't dope.

The problem with common sense is that it isn't very common.Esp on internet forums

Status
Not open for further replies.