• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thoughts on Peter Keen his changing role in uk sport

I'd be interested to know what role he's going to play in British cycling in the future....seems to me there's an ever increasing number of former managers no longer employed (?) but able to give advice/help if its sought.
Keen, Peters, Sutton...Yates(?)...hopefully not Leinders,:eek: but I don't think its a good way to run an organisation in the long term, nor does it necessarily let those taking over to fully get to grips with things.

Oh, and BTW I am sure you mean site and not sight in the title?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
coinneach said:
I'd be interested to know what role he's going to play in British cycling in the future....seems to me there's an ever increasing number of former managers no longer employed (?) but able to give advice/help if its sought.
Keen, Peters, Sutton...Yates(?)...hopefully not Leinders,:eek: but I don't think its a good way to run an organisation in the long term, nor does it necessarily let those taking over to fully get to grips with things.

Oh, and BTW I am sure you mean site and not sight in the title?

Peter Keen outgrew British Cycling a long time ago - he basically ran UKSport, the elite funding agency right up until 2012, and invented/introduced the 'no compromise' culture in elite funding that took GB from 1 gold/15 medals in 96 to 29 gold/65 medals in 2012.

Whereever he goes next, being a mere functionary of a national cycling fed won't be it.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The clinic is for doping related issues. PK has been responsible for the creation of outstanding performances in sport (the outstanding dominance of one nation in nearly all cycling disciplines). PK's ideas are open to scrutiny as they give the impression of a solution to clean cycling described in the artical being as equivilant to the modern day passport system. Dave Millar on Hard Talk BBC program thought the passport system of out of comp testing is open to abuse and he should know, more than me anyway!. Other than the above - its over to you!

martinvickers said:
Not entirely sure why this is in the Clinic? Is it just Brit = clinic these days?

TRENDING THREADS