Thread planning

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 12, 2022
Do we have templates on how a race thread should be structured, and what content should be in it? Because I was wondering that if there is such a thing, or if we create a template so we could scrape that information from ProCyclingStats. That way we would get proper race threads every time, with the necessary info, even for smaller races, and users don't have to put too much effort in creating it.

I was thinking about this because Vuelta a San Juan starts in 2 days, and since this is with Evenepoel and Bernal, I can imagine that it will be discussed.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Do we have templates on how a race thread should be structured, and what content should be in it? Because I was wondering that if there is such a thing, or if we create a template so we could scrape that information from ProCyclingStats. That way we would get proper race threads every time, with the necessary info, even for smaller races, and users don't have to put too much effort in creating it.

I was thinking about this because Vuelta a San Juan starts in 2 days, and since this is with Evenepoel and Bernal, I can imagine that it will be discussed.
The rules aren't set in stone, so race threads can have varying degrees of information in them. But including stage profiles (which don't have to be from PCS btw) is probably seen as the bare minimum.

There is no template. Information about profiles etc. is usually taken from PCS or organizer's website.
Every race thread is different, depending on what the poster wants it to look like. If people feel something is missing, they can add information in another post, and if it's something important the OP might edit theirs.

If you want to make one for San Juan just go ahead. Usually you would mention name and date in the title, put profiles, a link to the startlist and the information you find necessary or especially interesting in the post.

I proudly present you with a list of suggestions for rider thread titles!

The Sexiest Rider Ever - Tom Sexton Discussion Thread (I hope this would be allowed, obviously I think it should be clear that the title is a pun on his name)
Lenny is the New(est), but not quite Smallest, French Martinez
Mathias Norsgaard is not Matteo Jorgenson (I know he's quite unlikely to ever warrant a thread)
A Chubby Little Sprinter From Denmark - Emma Norsgaard Thread (based on the description on her social media. I'm not going to call a cyclist chubby)
Blake is Quick
Corbin is Strong

And he already has a thread - for some reason - but if it ever becomes relevant again, a mod needs to change to Kevin Ledanois thread title to "Kevin Ledanois is not Actually Danish".

ASK THE COMMUNITY