• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Three Days of De Panne

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I hope those three seconds don't come back to haunt Millar.

Do any of the other guys in that lead 7 have any TT chops? I don't really know any of them.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Another fascinating race/stage.
See Chainel pull out of the line and play possum?
Rambo king of the also rans.

Millar should be good for 3 seconds. That's why he did all the work.

How did Goesinnen come in??

Watch out, Westra was 4th in the Crit Int. TT, Millar took enough time there, but here he already lost 6 seconds today (3 boni seconds and 3 normal seconds).

This race has been Westra's goal also. So Millar can't count himself as winner already. It wasn't smart losing those extra 3 seconds either

Crit Int ITT Result
1 David Millar (GBr) Garmin-Transitions 0:09:50
2 Alberto Contador (Spa) Astana 0:00:02
3 Michael Rogers (Aus) Team HTC-Columbia 0:00:03
4 Liéuwe Westra (Ned) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team 0:00:09

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Watch out, Westra was 4th in the Crit Int. TT, Millar took enough time there, but here he already lost 6 seconds today (3 boni seconds and 3 normal seconds).
Where did LW pick up the 3 bonus seconds?

Mellow Velo said:
Crit Int ITT Result
1 David Millar (GBr) Garmin-Transitions 0:09:50
2 Alberto Contador (Spa) Astana 0:00:02
3 Michael Rogers (Aus) Team HTC-Columbia 0:00:03
4 Liéuwe Westra (Ned) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team 0:00:09

Where did LW pick up the 3 bonus seconds?
And, don't forget:

Three Days of De Panne TT 2009, 14.75 km:
1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Garmin - Slipstream 18.01 (49.121 km/h)
2 Lieuwe Westra (Ned) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team 0.20
3 Stijn Devolder (Bel) Quick Step 0.32
4 Joost Posthuma (Ned) Rabobank 0.34
5 Bert Grabsch (Ger) Team Columbia - Highroad 0.36

Although I don't think Millar is too concerned about those 6 seconds. Maybe it'll even be to his benefit, as he can now chase a lesser time trialist, and Westra will have to chase Millar.

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I knew Chainel was the fastest : in the last French National cyclo-cross Championship Francis Mourey beat him in a two men sprint. After his defeat he said : "Next time I will go for the win in a sprint : I will win !". And actually, he did.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You have never seen the first stage of the Panne have you?
Not exactly flat.

I should have made it clearer that I meant the 3rd day. The profiles given only show major climbs so the day 3 profiles are just straight lines.... :rolleyes:

Anquetil said:
I knew Chainel was the fastest : in the last French National cyclo-cross Championship Francis Mourey beat him in a two men sprint. After his defeat he said : "Next time I will go for the win in a sprint : I will win !". And actually, he did.

Except that he didn't;)

He tried to sprint for second place in the end of Dwaars Door Vlaanderen and lost to Leukemans & Terpstra.

Regardsless a great result for Chainel yesterday.

A

Anonymous

Apparently the TV feed was delayed as they are going so slow (high winds). Then the stage was shortened by 45km as they are going so slow. Net effect, little TV feed!