• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thursday, June 14 - Tour de Suisse, Stage 6: Wittnau - Bischofszell, 198.5 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lance Armstrong said:
Sagan made his winning move with 1km to go when he jumped over the traffic island while everyone else taking a roundabout. Looking forward to highlihts to see that again.

Yes, he was quite a way back then he suddenly was positioned perfectly at the back of the Sky-train.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Oh, you are counting the prologue as well. :eek:

Yeah, short prologue and a hill thrown in the middle. Sounds very familiar, does it not?

Organizers need to be more creative with the course designs if they don't want the same winner every time.

dlwssonic said:
sagan.......................................
At least we will have different winners for the next 3 stages

Well, i wouldn't make so brave estimation if I were you, sagan has claimed before he will try to hang on in the mountains to find out how is he currently in that. If the gc guys race like cowards in the 8th or 9th, hi might stay with them and show them his back once again.

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Saganator

El Pistolero said:
Organizers need to be more creative with the course designs if they don't want the same winner every time.
The problem is that they designed the route few months ago - they could not know / expect his improvement since last year. Next year it will be more chalenging for Sagan as courses will be less suitable for him - but imagine if he continues to improve - it will be race for second place anyway.

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Sagan in Montains

dlwssonic said:
sagan.......................................
At least we will have different winners for the next 3 stages
I am wondering how he will work in the mountains. I expect and hope that he will try to take on more stage.

tomorrow said:
Well, i wouldn't make so brave estimation if I were you, sagan has claimed before he will try to hang on in the mountains to find out how is he currently in that. If the gc guys race like cowards in the 8th or 9th, hi might stay with them and show them his back once again.

Sagan was dropped like a stone as soon as the rubber hit the first centimeter of Verbier on stage 2.

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Sagan was dropped like a stone as soon as the rubber hit the first centimeter of Verbier on stage 2.
Because of saving energy for next 4 wins. But there will be no more reasons to save energy in the last 2 stages ...

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if only problem is courses design...Missing contenders riding Dauphine in "same" time is another relevant thing.They (organizers) can not desing race just beacause for or against one (any) rider.