• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tim Wellens thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What a champion Wellens is!

Always racing hard to create his own luck in the races instead of waiting around for a meaningless GC position. Looking forward to see him taking a second one just like Gilbert did last season. On a side note, Italy always gives back to the attackers, Giro is the best :)

Lame celebration, poor music taste but genuine good guy. :)

Planning to live in Wallonia on top of the Côte de Cherave (that's where he attacked in the Arrow, didn't he?), bought a land to build there. We, Walloons, surely will welcome him heartily. Limburgers have always been closer to the Walloon land than Flanders or Antwerpers. :)

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
He's a true allrounder, good in the hilly classics, a great stagehunter, great on cobbles (won Eneco twice) and he finished 9th in the brutal Monte Gtappa MTT.

I'm so glad he cracked hard on the Paris-Nice MTF this year. If he top 10'd or so there, he might have started to really believe he could be a gt rider in the future and went on sacrificing anything for that. Wasting maybe 2 or 3 years in the process to eventually find out that gt's are not made for him after all.

Now he quickly realized he's a 1-day racer/stage hunter in gt's/contender in 1-week stage races. And what a joy he is to watch in these races _O_

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Everyone was talking about the hardest day in their life on a bike.
What did Wellens say "In the end I got slightly cold".

This guy.... :eek:

Lol, he's one of the most entertaining bike riders in the world, that's for sure.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Wellens always wins in epic fashion :)

He's reaching peak form for another Eneco Tour I see :p

Sadly the route is flat to accommodate the sprinters for Qatar... There's also a TTT and flat TT. There's no Ardennes stage as far as I know.

Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Wellens always wins in epic fashion :)

He's reaching peak form for another Eneco Tour I see :p

Sadly the route is flat to accommodate the sprinters for Qatar... There's also a TTT and flat TT. There's no Ardennes stage as far as I know.

Seriously? What a BS decision. The Eneco parcours of the last few years was perfect. So now there going back to the Tony Martin *** show?

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:

Oh yeah I looked up the route it's pretty bad indeed. What a silly decision, the last few editions the Eneco Tour was one of the best stage races on the calendar. :(

TRENDING THREADS