• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 1, San Vincenzo -> Donoratico, 16.9 kms TTT (06/03/2013)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this?

• OTHER (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Nobody from OPQS has a chance for the overall with the field we have. Great ride today though. Movistar are doing very good TTTs!!
Saxo need to improve by July or else Contador is going to have to make up a lot of time since Sky will probably win the TTT there. Katusha could have done better too.
Absolutely ridiculous ride by Radioshack and if they re relying on Horner for the GC trying to go up against Contador, Rodriguez, Froome, Quintana, Nibali then it doesnt look good.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Good ride from Movistar, they are becoming very good in the TTT it seems. If only they had brought Valverde, they would have a good chance of a high GC. :rolleyes: Gotta say I expected a lot better result from Saxo, their riders still have work to do it seems.

I didn't see the stage yet, was Radioshack doing any waiting for Andy?

gruppeto993 said:
Nobody from OPQS has a chance for the overall with the field we have. Great ride today though. Movistar are doing very good TTTs!!
Saxo need to improve by July or else Contador is going to have to make up a lot of time since Sky will probably win the TTT there. Katusha could have done better too.
Absolutely ridiculous ride by Radioshack and if they re relying on Horner for the GC trying to go up against Contador, Rodriguez, Froome, Quintana, Nibali then it doesnt look good.

Quintana is in Paris-Nice.

BlenJones2 said:
What is he even doing in the race? Should be training or category 2 races to gain confidence instead of ****ing fabian off

Schleck never contributes in a TTT, today was no different. Its business as usual for the team in such an event.

I can imagine Cancellara will be thinking mostly of himself moving forward. Try and win a stage in T-A or get some deep training done before MSR etc.

Cannondale doing good is not a surprise at all.
Liquigas used to do great TTTs even with no big names. It's more about team working than anything else, really.

GC is looking promising for the next few days. Berto will attack relentlessly.
Of course nobody knows what kind of form El Bisonte has. He might just destroy everybody and get his trident.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Stijn Devolder finishing together with Schleck. They have a lot in common, must be best friends at RS. Seriously, I expected Schleck to lose even more time than he did, but Devolder is simply disappointing.

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Stijn Devolder finishing together with Schleck. They have a lot in common, must be best friends at RS. Seriously, I expected Schleck to lose even more time than he did, but Devolder is simply disappointing.

what do they have in common? no discipline, poor attitude? The PR said devolder went ok today.
Well i want him to go well for the sake of helping fabian not riding for himself. That guy needs some team mates.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This was actually the first time Devolder had to let go in a TTT, so I don't really think he'll be Fabian's best helper. He's already 3 to 4 years over his peak imo, but I could be wrong.

The Hitch said:
So it will be good practise for contador trying to win this race from behind considering the massive headstart froome will get over him in July.

I assume you are referring to Froome v Contador, I really don't see a massive difference between thme in TTrialing, Froome may be marginally better on the flat, but Contador won't be far behind, and on mountain TT Contador seems to have the edge, though again not by a lot.

del1962 said:
I assume you are referring to Froome v Contador, I really don't see a massive difference between thme in TTrialing, Froome may be marginally better on the flat, but Contador won't be far behind, and on mountain TT Contador seems to have the edge, though again not by a lot.

No im not talking about time trialing and i dont see how it could be interpreted that way. Any time froome gets in a tt is well earned and would not constitute a headstart. There is not tt at the beginning of the tour but a team time trial where gc contenders get given times that have almost nothing to do with their own ability and performance.

Contador will have a weaker team than froome and will likely therefore start the tour having a lot more to do to win the race.

The Hitch said:
No im not talking about time trialing and i dont see how it could be interpreted that way. Any time froome gets in a tt is well earned and would not constitute a headstart. There is not tt at the beginning of the tour but a team time trial where gc contenders get given times that have almost nothing to do with their own ability and performance.

Contador will have a weaker team than froome and will likely therefore start the tour having a lot more to do to win the race.

What sort of time differences are you expecting in a 25K timetrial between Sky and Saxo?

TRENDING THREADS