• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno -Adriatico stage 2 - Montecatini terme - 165 km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
t02_plan_600.jpg

profile-2.png

Looks like a tough stage...I think EBH will take the win!

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I watch Paris-Nice live, and I'm afraid I can't get into this race until Universal Sports stops posting the winner's name a quarter of an inch from the Video On Demand button. They corrected it after complaints (during the Vuelta?) but haven't learned from their mistake. I'll try again Thursday.

Hincapie lost a lot of time yesterday so is maybe likely to be in the breakaway. Surprised that Bennati didnt do better yesterday - Liquigas were pushing on the front which suggests they thought he had a decent chance. Surprised that Freire was so far back yesterday too.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Farrar looked to be climbing the best out of the top-tier sprinters yesterday, I think if Garmin get themselves organised he should be in with a shot, but it could just as easily go to a late breakaway again.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I predict Matti Breschel for the win today. Yesterday he showed that he is very good at this kind of racing, and on the Saxo Bank homepage he says he will try again in the coming days.

He was a bit unlucky yesterday having to close the gap to the Acqua Sapone rider, just to get outsprinted by Gerdeman. He is normally very fast in a small group sprints and sometimes in larger groups as well. Imagine if he had Cancellara as a lead out man in a small group.

I really hope this is the year where he breaks throug and win one of the 260km classics, but Saxo Bank has a very strong team for the classics. He has his best chance in Paris Roubaix or Milan San Remo I think.

Is it possible to stay in good shape from Milan San Remo all the way to Liege Bastogne Liege or perhaps only Amstel. He is a podium contender in all those races, but so are a lot of other guys at Saxo Bank.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Outsider

Unheralded young Aussie Simon Clarke (ISD Neri & Cadel's domestique at the Worlds last year) for mine - excellent 18th at MPE then 9th in stage 1 yesterday. Improving at the rate of 9 places a day should just about do it! :D

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I think Matti Breschel will do well to day. He was unlucky yesterday and had to close the gap to the Acqua Sapone rider. Usualy he should be a better sprinter than Gerdeman. He might try to get in a breakaway to day and then I think and hope he can win it.

If the peleton catches the breakaway then EBH might have a good chance. Cav, Freire and Boonen all struggled with yesterdays climbs and might do so today aswell. Hushovd also seemed reasonably strong, although he didn't have anything left in the sprint. He did survive the climbs though.

We'll see. It will be exciting whoever wins.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
MagnusW said:
I think Matti Breschel will do well to day. He was unlucky yesterday and had to close the gap to the Acqua Sapone rider. Usualy he should be a better sprinter than Gerdeman. He might try to get in a breakaway to day and then I think and hope he can win it.

If the peleton catches the breakaway then EBH might have a good chance. Cav, Freire and Boonen all struggled with yesterdays climbs and might do so today aswell. Hushovd also seemed reasonably strong, although he didn't have anything left in the sprint. He did survive the climbs though.

We'll see. It will be exciting whoever wins.

Don't expect miracles from Team Sky. With a road captain whose collarbone fractured only 4 weeks ago, on wet roads and in low temperatures, safety will be high on their list of priorities.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
hektoren said:
Don't expect miracles from Team Sky. With a road captain whose collarbone fractured only 4 weeks ago, on wet roads and in low temperatures, safety will be high on their list of priorities.

Today maybe, but when the uphill finishes happen, they will be going all out with Lovkvist one would think

TRENDING THREADS