• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 4, Narni -> Prati Di Tivo, 173 kms (09/03/2013)

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who's gonna win this?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hfer07 said:
what bothers me the most isn't that Froome won the Stage-is THE HOW- When AC, Nibs & Santambrogio crossed the last K mark, the aerial view unveiled how "ridiculous" the SKY scam works-everyone is at that point was choking while Froome was just led to them within a couple meters, so he could just drop the life out of the competition like nothing....

too much SKY BS to the point that I'm even starting to dislike my own countrymen Uran & Henao for being part of it :mad:

This. The entire team in two countries are just SO strong. They don't even worry when someone attacks. Never seen anything like it. Just so strong.

ILovecycling said:
I would rather die than see Alberto in sky:confused:

He's a professional so it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me. He obviously needs access to better training. He was barely better than Henao. He's going to have to rethink his approach or he's not going to go down as the legend many thought he would be when retired.

BillytheKid said:
Froome like Porte yesterday was very good, but I would not say that was total destruction. Racing at it's best.

No, it wasn't. I'd say that had AC and Nibs not attacked earlier anyone could have won. Probably also says something that Contador was beaten by Kwiatkowski, Santambrogio, and Horner as well.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Anyway Nibbles should be out of shape, yet he managed to get third, better than 3 of his opponents in this poll... and you guys only gave him 2 votes :eek:

I guess becuase it's a win poll overall.

We always expect Nibali to be on podium on such but can't see him winning against top dogs.

While you'd expect Conta or Purito to have a higher chance, but well Nibali proved that wrong ;)

Eshnar said:
Anyway Nibbles should be out of shape, yet he managed to get third, better than 3 of his opponents in this poll... and you guys only gave him 2 votes :eek:

And yet next time there is a discussion about best climbers in the world somebody will post a list of 10 riders who can climb better than him, including the likes of Samu Sanchez, Gesink, and so on.

Ferminal said:
Given the way he made Nibali and Contador **** in Oman with his acceleration I'm sure many people were expecting it as soon as he bridged.

The bridging was and the attack was expected, just that I was expecting Contador to follow. Contador spent some fuel on the futile attacks earlier, but I thought he would have recovered after sitting behind Nibali for a while. Still, Froome would have had the advantage having drafted the entire climb I guess.

Ok, so Sky is a total cyborg and a joke according to these reports. But I've only seen the results, and there is Kwiatkowski, Santambrogio and Poels in the top 8.

Ever thought of the possiblity the other big names (contador, rodriguez, evans etc) are just not in top shape yet?

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ok, so Sky is a total cyborg and a joke according to these reports. But I've only seen the results, and there is Kwiatkowski, Santambrogio and Poels in the top 8.

Ever thought of the possiblity the other big names (contador, rodriguez, evans etc) are just not in top shape yet?
no one is in top shape. It's March.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

This indeed is the far more likely explanation after having watched it. Froome just is in a better shape than the rest at the moment. Which says nothing about what will happen later. Doesn't change the fact that the rest of team Sky is ridiculously strong.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Real stage for cycling esthetes! Is anyone angry about Sky? Why? Get angry towards Santambrogio who did an oustanding stage, Nibali who gives 2 powerful pulls. Get angry to the guys who many people considered the second league climbers, like poor Vincenzo Nibali with his notorious 7 minutes down in the Giro... :cool:

Watching the stage, I caught myself thinking that Nibali is an absolutely superior climber when an ascent goes in very very high but steady tempo while it doesn't suit Purito very strongly.

Cavendash

BANNED
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Contador is a relic of the past, the latter of the dark old days, the future is Sky and Froome now, get used to it people...

The whining on here will be funny during the summer.

The only GT Contador will ever get a sniff of again will be in his home country.

Henao and Uran are both top 10 GT riders. Only 'suprise' is maybe Cataldo, but he was close to top 10 Giro and rode multiple top 10 in Giro MT stages too.

So I really don't see it, really when guys as Kwiat and Santambrogio are still there ;)

What does suprise me is the, again, total failure of Blanco. Where is Mollema? Seems nothing changed. They can win small races but in WT they are absolutely nowhere