• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 4, Narni -> Prati Di Tivo, 173 kms (09/03/2013)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who's gonna win this?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Henao and Uran are both top 10 GT riders. Only 'suprise' is maybe Cataldo, but he was close to top 10 Giro and rode multiple top 10 in Giro MT stages too.

So I really don't see it, really when guys as Kwiat and Santambrogio are still there ;)

What does suprise me is the, again, total failure of Blanco. Where is Mollema? Seems nothing changed. They can win small races but in WT they are absolutely nowhere

The sad thing actually is: Froome could win without a train. Wiggins ok, he needs one, it's booring and Wiggins the most invisible TdF winner of all times, but ok, that's the way he can win. Froome? He has it in him to do it without Henao and Uran, he doesn't need the train. Give him Cataldo (who wasn't really shocking either, he can drop off and ride his km at his top speed).. but like this.. just boring in the end... Give us some action at least. Or let Uran attack and get his win while in the back the rest doesn't know what to do anymore... something other than this horrible train.

hfer07 said:
what bothers me the most isn't that Froome won the Stage-is THE HOW- When AC, Nibs & Santambrogio crossed the last K mark, the aerial view unveiled how "ridiculous" the SKY scam works-everyone is at that point was choking while Froome was just led to them within a couple meters, so he could just drop the life out of the competition like nothing....

too much SKY BS to the point that I'm even starting to dislike my own countrymen Uran & Henao for being part of it :mad:

that's a new and higher level of hate

this forum is so mad

The fridge in the blue trees said:
The sad thing actually is: Froome could win without a train. Wiggins ok, he needs one, it's booring and Wiggins the most invisible TdF winner of all times, but ok, that's the way he can win. Froome? He has it in him to do it without Henao and Uran, he doesn't need the train. Give him Cataldo (who wasn't really shocking either, he can drop off and ride his km at his top speed).. but like this.. just boring in the end... Give us some action at least. Or let Uran attack and get his win while in the back the rest doesn't know what to do anymore... something other than this horrible train.

Just reduce the team size in stage races and we will see more individual performances.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally admired how calmly Froome was burning his matches. After Contador's second attack the gap was flunctuating between about 30 and 100 meters and Froome should obviously had had some reserve but somehow didn't hurry up to close the gap himself and let Uran work, though one more attack from Contador-Nibali-Santambrogio group could occur at any moment. For a second I even thought that Froome was weak, but how wisely he played his card. Ammmazing stuff. It was something one can watch not often.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ok, so Sky is a total cyborg and a joke according to these reports. But I've only seen the results, and there is Kwiatkowski, Santambrogio and Poels in the top 8.

Ever thought of the possiblity the other big names (contador, rodriguez, evans etc) are just not in top shape yet?

I recall you saying the same at the Dauphine last year Ruben.

It's a valid point but - how long can the other big names not be in shape. There's a lot of climbers in this field and all they could do was get dropped. Froome is targeting the Tour like everyone else, are we supposed to be lead to believe that Sky are maybe just in better shape earlier? Like 2012 you mean? Because to me it seems like Sky have been at 95% since February 2012 and yet the likes of Evans, Rodriguez, Contador, Nibali have all been beaten comfortably time and again.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Lol @ Sky. That team is just ridiculous.

Very impressed by Poels, I couldn't believe what I saw. I thought he would need at least one season to get back up to speed.

I completely ruled him out from being capable of anything this season. Must've worked very hard to get back to that level (and I'm not insinuating anything with that either).

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
I recall you saying the same at the Dauphine last year Ruben.

It's a valid point but - how long can the other big names not be in shape. There's a lot of climbers in this field and all they could do was get dropped. Froome is targeting the Tour like everyone else, are we supposed to be lead to believe that Sky are maybe just in better shape earlier? Like 2012 you mean? Because to me it seems like Sky have been at 95% since February 2012 and yet the likes of Evans, Rodriguez, Contador, Nibali have all been beaten comfortably time and again.

Maybe direct that at Contador who now can't beat the likes of Santambrogio and Kwiatkowski whenever he wants. Maybe that's the change.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
hatcher said:
Maybe direct that at Contador who now can't beat the likes of Santambrogio and Kwiatkowski whenever he wants. Maybe that's the change.

Ignoring the fact that Santambrogio has never climbed like that, and Kwiatkowski also seems to be a different animal in 2013. Is Contador really the outlier today?

Geraint Too Fast said:
Martin only lost 1:45 (Dan Martin that is ;)). Mollema finished over 6 minutes back. :eek:
Huh? Blanco tweets the following:

"@BaukeMollema on stage 4 #tirrenoadriatico: "“The whole day I felt good, but when Sky started pulling at the bottom of the last...1/3

…climb I exploded within five minutes. Tom-Jelte had the same, but one minute earlier. Only fifteen to twenty riders were able to...2/3

...follow. We recovered and put in maximal effort. In the end we lost 3’10” on Froome.”

will10 said:
Ignoring the fact that Santambrogio has never climbed like that, and Kwiatkowski also seems to be a different animal in 2013. Is Contador really the outlier today?

Kwaitkowski certainly looks to me like an upgraded version of TJVG.
Soon to be signing for Team Sky I guess....

will10 said:
I completely ruled him out from being capable of anything this season. Must've worked very hard to get back to that level (and I'm not insinuating anything with that either).

with everything that was going on i ended up forgetting these. seeing pouls riding so well put a gigantic smile on my face!!!! shame it only lasted about 2 seconds :eek:

theyoungest said:
Huh? Blanco tweets the following:

"@BaukeMollema on stage 4 #tirrenoadriatico: "“The whole day I felt good, but when Sky started pulling at the bottom of the last...1/3

…climb I exploded within five minutes. Tom-Jelte had the same, but one minute earlier. Only fifteen to twenty riders were able to...2/3

...follow. We recovered and put in maximal effort. In the end we lost 3’10” on Froome.”

Procyclingstats must be wrong then.

TRENDING THREADS