• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 4, Narni -> Prati Di Tivo, 173 kms (09/03/2013)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who's gonna win this?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 28, 2012
Visit site
So Mollema blew up later than Slagter, who finishes three minutes in front of him? Weird stuff right there. The 'we felt good until Sky put down the hammer' or something like that makes you think as well.

Gesink and Mollema, both doing very well in Spain to prepare for these races, and both getting a pounding here and there, is quite depressing for that team.

Edit: La Gazzetta's official results aren't available yet, let's wait until those arrive.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I watched the 2 hour highlights of this stage straight after live P-N action and came straight here to find the expected lol.

It's been fun reading the tears, accusations and "cycling is dead i'm quitting watching cycling forever" comments.

It seems like Sky working as a strong team to get Froome the win is proof that Sky are not legit but riders like Chris Horner, santambrogio and Kwiatowski are "Chapeau!" and "Fabulous fabulous ride!"

I think Sky have been working hard on there fitness and each rider knows what exactly needs to be done and each riders knows when to peel off and it seems they got there tactics spot on today with Froome putting in his own single attack at the right time tot ake this stage.

Unless you can provide some sort of proof that Sky are not legit suck it up and deal with it :p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
HiCadence said:
I watched the 2 hour highlights of this stage straight after live P-N action and came straight here to find the expected lol.

It's been fun reading the tears, accusations and "cycling is dead i'm quitting watching cycling forever" comments.

It seems like Sky working as a strong team to get Froome the win is proof that Sky are not legit but riders like Chris Horner, santambrogio and Kwiatowski are "Chapeau!" and "Fabulous fabulous ride!"

I think Sky have been working hard on there fitness and each rider knows what exactly needs to be done and each riders knows when to peel off and it seems they got there tactics spot on today with Froome putting in his own single attack at the right time tot ake this stage.

Unless you can provide some sort of proof that Sky are not legit suck it up and deal with it :p

Seems like Rogers forgot all of that rather quickly. I just need to point out the little fact that almost no one knew who the hell Froome was at the start of the Vuelta in 2011.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Seems like Rogers forgot all of that rather quickly. I just need to point out the little fact that almost no one knew who the hell Froome was at the start of the Vuelta in 2011.

What you need to understand is not every team use the exact same equipment and training programs, Rogers is sucking because he's at an inferior team with exception to Contador and with money comes better quality it's no secret Sky have bags more money that Riis.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
I recall you saying the same at the Dauphine last year Ruben.

It's a valid point but - how long can the other big names not be in shape. There's a lot of climbers in this field and all they could do was get dropped. Froome is targeting the Tour like everyone else, are we supposed to be lead to believe that Sky are maybe just in better shape earlier? Like 2012 you mean? Because to me it seems like Sky have been at 95% since February 2012 and yet the likes of Evans, Rodriguez, Contador, Nibali have all been beaten comfortably time and again.

The problem is not just the main contender at SKY that looks promising. But their "DOMESTIQUE" seems to do quite well compare to other teams. They got their domestique all the way to the final km! That to me is the major difference. If Contador says that he will have a better form from TA - on ward.. well, he better figures out how to beat Froome. I'm sure Froome's shape will get better too comes TDF.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Days of intimidation on Mediterranean.
Sky is looking unreal.

Contador tried to derail Sky's train, but just derailed himself.
He doesn't look like the Contador we knew.

Hard task in front of all teams.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Horner is really impressive. This was his fourth day of racing in 2013! He´s free to choose his individual approach, and therefore delivers the results he has to. No sign of decline at all. He´s still one of the best 15 or 20 GC riders out there. :)

Im surprised by Kwiatkowski. Really surprised. 14km at 7% is not exactly a Gilbert catergory climb (and i thought Kwiatkowski would be Cancellara level at climbs).

Doesnt deserve to be in the lead though, since he had a 25 second headstart, but im really beginning to wonder where this could go.

The Hitch said:
Im surprised by Kwiatkowski. Really surprised. 14km at 7% is not exactly a Gilbert catergory climb (and i thought Kwiatkowski would be Cancellara level at climbs).

Doesnt deserve to be in the lead though, since he had a 25 second headstart, but im really beginning to wonder where this could go.

in my opinion alberto and sky will drop him tomorrow and he won't get back

but yes he's a champion,huge talent.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
Rogers as Contadors best man... Kreuziger not there. strange

It was Kreuziger. Only one who stayed with Alberto at least for a while. Very good performance considering his preparation was affected by illness and that this was his first hard mountain stage this year. Maybe Alberto should stay back and try to get some rest when Roman catched with them, but he attacked almost immediately.

Kokoso said:
It was Kreuziger. Only one who stayed with Alberto at least for a while. Very good performance considering his preparation was affected by illness and that this was his first hard mountain stage this year. Maybe Alberto should stay back and try to get some rest when Roman catched with them, but he attacked almost immediately.

Not ACs fault Kreuziger had to get dropped in the first place :p

Just watched the last 10km of the stage. All I have to say is that Contador/Nibali are what I love about cycling and Sky is what I don't. Contador looking like he is trying to figure out how to derail Sky. Not working yet. Who knows if he will in time for the TdF.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Kreuz said he had a little crision and fell back to Rodriguez. Than he didn't want to pull the group back since there was Purito, Evans...

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing which should worry Froome's and Sky's rivals is improvement since Oman.
While in Oman everybody looked completely spent at the top Of the Green Mountain, today Froome looked noticeably fresher than his rivals, and Sky looked much better overall.
For me, that's the most significant detail after today's stage.

serfla said:
One thing which should worry Froome's and Sky's rivals is improvement since Oman.
While in Oman everybody looked completely spent at the top Of the Green Mountain, today Froome looked noticeably fresher than his rivals, and Sky looked much better overall.
For me, that's the most significant detail after today's stage.

I don't know, Nibali improved quite a bit since then. I didn't see that coming.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
I don't know, Nibali improved quite a bit since then. I didn't see that coming.
Yes, you're right. My mistake, and I agree. Looking good for Giro showdown with Wiggins.
But I have impression Froome's and Sky's improvement since Oman is the biggest.

TRENDING THREADS