• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 7: San Benedetto del Tronto: 9,2 kms ITT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Has Nibali this win already locked up?

• No, the skyborg will rise again and catch purito and contador

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jaylew said:
True, but it's still a shame. You gotta figure the only reason he finished out of the time limit was that everyone in his vicinity bailed and he had to ride alone for who knows how long

That's just tough luck I'm afraid. It's the same for the riders who crash or get sick. **** happens.

Martin should win this I think although a lot depends on recovery after that brutal stage. Look out for the Movistar guys Dowsett and Castroviejo. They'll be up there in the top five I think.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
I doubt it. He was cooked today, and his motivation is low. Hopefully Purito will keep his 3rd place.

That's what I'm hoping for too, but I'm still expecting Purito to drop 2 to 4 spots on GC. Everyone suffered today, so Froome and Contador are still able to pass him easily.

Edit: If Froome forgot his cooling down, there's still a chance for him :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I think this will be a very interesting ITT, it's all about recuperation.

Also Martin went all out yesterday for his leader.

Tony Fabian and Lars should be on the podium today.
I expect a very good ITT from Kwiatkwosky (a possible 3rd place in GC)
I've a bet on Roelandts to beat Hushovd....so this means a top10 today for Jurgen.
Nibali to beat Contador too...

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Nibali to ride TT better than Froome and Contador.

Froome dissapointed me at Tirreno in general. I expected far more spectacular thing from him personally on Saturday.

airstream said:
Nibali to ride TT better than Froome and Contador.

Froome dissapointed me at Tirreno in general. I expected far more spectacular thing from him personally on Saturday.

Possible, he did say that his legs were gone at the final climb. Doesn't bode well for him doing a 3 week tour if he loses his legs in less than a week, it would be Vuelta 2012 all over again.

TRENDING THREADS