• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 7: San Benedetto del Tronto: 9,2 kms ITT

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Has Nibali this win already locked up?

• No, the skyborg will rise again and catch purito and contador

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Just some of the best riders in the peloton right now like Sagan, Cancellara, Pozzato, Gilbert(he always does well in the Ronde), Hushovd, Phinney, Boom, etc

That's pretty stiff competition if you ask me. Especially when you're not at 100%.

Getting the excuses for april ready ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
More because of Sagan than Phil's own form. ;) And it's not like he ever came close to winning the Ronde van Vlaanderen in 2011. Chava was better than him in that race!

But anyway, he really is ready. If you don't believe me then fine, I'm not worried about his form. Boonen on the other hand... :p

It's about believing him. He can have 2010 shape, yea but he won't be the same as in 2011. I don't see it happening.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Just some of the best riders in the peloton right now like Sagan, Cancellara, Pozzato, Gilbert(he always does well in the Ronde), Hushovd, Phinney, Boom, etc

That's pretty stiff competition if you ask me. Especially when you're not at 100%.

So for Paris-Roubaix that leaves Cancellara (huge opponent), Pozzato (done 1 good Roubaix in his carreer), Hushovd, Phinney (lol) and Boom. I'm sorry, but that's not a lot. As we saw last year, if Boonen can beat Cancellara, he'll be almost impossible to beat outside of a tactical situation (Vansummeren).

De Ronde van Vlaanderen is a different story, you can add guys like Boasson Hagen, Breschel, Chavanel and Van Avermaet to the list as well for that race.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Eh, Boonen never finished in a front group, Phil finished in all the front groups except when he had a flat tire and on Montagne de Lure.

what ridiculous logic is that? boonen isn;t a climber at all, not even in topshape could he finish in any front group. gilbert could

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Phil didn't look bad, was a domestique for most of the week.

Boonen on the other hand dropped out on flat stages as well... Boonen wished he had Phil's shape right now and you know it.

except that he didn't do any work anywhere, as usual

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Lanark said:
So for Paris-Roubaix that leaves Cancellara (huge opponent), Pozzato (done 1 good Roubaix in his carreer), Hushovd, Phinney (lol) and Boom. I'm sorry, but that's not a lot. As we saw last year, if Boonen can beat Cancellara, he'll be almost impossible to beat outside of a tactical situation (Vansummeren).

De Ronde van Vlaanderen is a different story, you can add guys like Boasson Hagen, Breschel, Chavanel and Van Avermaet to the list as well for that race.

no, especially ebh no

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
I saw the race, but please show me where he did any work because I didn't see it.

gilbertwerk.jpg

3e792n9p4cwo04sw8c48cw0-paris-nice-2013-stage-1-philippe-gilbert.jpg

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
I recall seeing him on the front at least once in his WC stripes and I haven't watched all the stages from beginning to end, only stage 6.

PHILIPPE GILBERT ‏@PhilippeGilbert
Stage 1 done, big work with @Daniel87Oss to protect Vangarderen from the crash and the stress of being behind!

I could also post this tweet, but Ryo wouldn't believe it anyway.

TRENDING THREADS