• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TOC stage 2: Davis - Santa Rosa, 176.2 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
regisphilbin said:
does anybody know what the complete times are for stage 2? I can't believe that its been 3+ hrs and the complete results aren't in yet.....

I believe all the carrier pigeons have not returned safely yet.

Dr. Maserati said:
1z6fmgl.jpg

Ha Ha Ha!

Glad there was no coverage, don't think I could have sat through another stage :D

Moondance said:
Back to Rabo :)p)...

I was surprised van Winden was able to make the cut (been invisible all season so far), and Martens wasn't. I was hoping Martens would do well and wrap up his slot at the Tour, because he was riding great throughout the early season, and deserves to go....
Huh? Cyclingnews has Van Winden 15 mins back, and Martens 10 mins?

I'm quite surprised this morning to see who made the cut. Lars Boom the best Rabo climber in the race? Interesting.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Huh? Cyclingnews has Van Winden 15 mins back, and Martens 10 mins?

I'm quite surprised this morning to see who made the cut. Lars Boom the best Rabo climber in the race? Interesting.

When the dutch rant on about their own riders, I am
sleepinganimals12rq5.jpg

Cyclingnews Live Report said:
15:32 PDT

We've confirmed that the following riders are in the lead group: Levi Leipheimer (Team Radioshack) , Lance Armstrong (Team Radioshack) , Christopher Horner (Team Radioshack) , Jose Luis Rubiera Vigil (Team Radioshack) , Michael Rogers (Team HTC-Columbia) , Lars Ytting Bak (Team HTC-Columbia) , Andy Schleck (Team Saxo Bank) , Jens Voigt (Team Saxo Bank) , Andre Steensen (Team Saxo Bank) , Lars Boom (Rabobank Cycling Team) , Dennis Van Winden (Rabobank Cycling Team) , Francesco Bellotti (Liquigas-Doimo) , Peter Sagan (Liquigas-Doimo) , David Zabriskie (Garmin-Transitions) , Thomas Danielson (Garmin-Transitions) , Ryder Hesjedal (Garmin-Transitions) , Peter Stetina (Garmin-Transitions) , Steve Morabito (BMC Racing Team) , Brett Lancaster (Cervelo Test Team) , Rory Sutherland (Unitedhealthcare Presented by Maxxis) , Karl Menzies (Unitedhealthcare Presented by Maxxis) , Marc De Maar (Unitedhealthcare Presented by Maxxis) , Paul Mach (Bissell) , Phil Zajicek (Fly V Australia) , Thomas Rabou (Team Type 1) and Scott Zwizanski (Kelly Benefit Strategies) .

So much for confirmation :rolleyes:

Funny how they made that mistake. Since the final result shows Boom was the only Rabo in the lead group... So it's not as if they could've confused van Winden with someone else.

I guess he could've fallen on the final descent or something... That would certainly account for why he was given as being in the lead group early, despite finishing WAAY down.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
From what I've heard from Marc de Maar, both he and Boom were part of a 12 man lead group after the climb, on the descent a second group returned :)

Well; I guess that means Holland are going to be the next super power in cycling!:D

to let you know, that was a joke!

A

Anonymous

Moondance said:
Meh.... Live report said he was in the lead group; and not having live picture meant that was all we had to go on.

but to be fair the live report said the peloton was 20 seconds behind the lead group

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Good Stetina finish in the lead group.

I still have high hopes that some of the younger americans like Stetina, Van Garderen and Phinney can turn out to be good pro-riders. There's been a bit of a gap since the guys who are in their mid-late 30's now with US cycling talent.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
So much for confirmation :rolleyes:

Funny how they made that mistake. Since the final result shows Boom was the only Rabo in the lead group... So it's not as if they could've confused van Winden with someone else.

I guess he could've fallen on the final descent or something... That would certainly account for why he was given as being in the lead group early, despite finishing WAAY down.

Surprisingly most of the Rabo's were way back going up over Howell Mtn. The pace wasn't that high with HTC sheparding Cav up that hill. I'm sure they would be less enthusiastic going up Oakville/Trinity.
That descent of Trinity is diabolical with bad camber and decreasing radius. Oh, and half of the pavement is choppy. Hincapie bit there as well.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Oh this is classic. Couldn't watch it live. Recorded it. Even avoided the CN forum during today's Giro "just in case". Made some time, got ready with spicy nibbles around me as I was sure I would need something to get me through the excitement that is the ToC. And then this joke of a race broadcast. The second best party on Earth floored by evil thinly spread H2O.

OK, that's it. Gave 'em a chance, swallowed the sight of umpire's on a bike, sat through the deification of Lance, waited patiently for a bend in the road. The opening day was dire. Yesterday was... eh.... raced apparently. Actually made time for this sport celebration for two days in a row now, and I am not sure what was more pathetic, the hype or the actual show.

One cycling fan who watches a lot, but will switch off now, happily so. Curious strategy to make new converts.

Please keep staging this so Cav&Co don't show up anywhere near these shores when there is some proper cycling under way. No wonder US folk are pumped when Cav wins another train or another Tour has the life sucked out of it by Team Lance tactics. If this is the excitement that you have to compare it to.... yeah, I'm starting to see why now.

Anyone needing a capture of "this stage" too? One owner only, barely watched. And even less shown.