• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Todays Richard Award Goes To

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Total BSer

Crawford is so full of it. The only reason he walked in USADA was because everyone knew from Levi's confession.

He lied in the past about his involvement in doping (see various interviews) and he's lying again.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it be fun if these clowns would just man-up and tell the whole effing story?

"I'm just trying to do the right thing....."

"I'm taking full responsibility...."

Both are total horse****.

Go away Ricky. I feel damned sorry for your kids.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
These threads have to be the funniest. Hero or heal but completely arbitrary . Depending on when and how a guy comes clean,in an instant he falls to one side.
Where are you Greg? And everybody else?
Only when Lance ruins your bike frame sales or may disrupt your "teaching". This is truly disgusting a guy goes to his boss and tells him a story of doping and lie upon lie and they collude to keep his job. If the USADA shot first then all is lost, the same play for everybody. If they have not already contacted you or Joe Papp didn't throw up your name then take your time. Whatever is personally and or professionally more conveint for you,you choose..

Lemons rode,won and lost against dopers he had little to say. Crawford said nothing until he backed himself out of the hole he was in,Tyler for money,Landis because he had none,everybody else because they were given up by another doper. Crawford couldn't tell the truth even in the last seconds,a cycling site had to out O'Bee.

After he dodged his bullets Contador calls for lifetime bans, these guys are the best. Long live the non-caught dopers.

tofino said:
Crawford is so full of it. The only reason he walked in USADA was because everyone knew from Levi's confession.

He lied in the past about his involvement in doping (see various interviews) and he's lying again.

That's got to be the worst job at lying by ommission since McQuaid's last attempt to blame riders for doping.

Gets to keep his job too. .Crawford will stay on as head coach at CMU.
Nothing says cycling's a clean sport like knowing your coach is a drug dealer. This is UCI/USAC dope enabling in action. WTF is that college administration thinking? If they let this joker stay, the football coaches must be making a killing as dealers.

[chef from South Park] "Don't do drugs kids. There is a time and place for everything. It's called college."

Oh, wait.

It's time for the

Richard Crawford Coached Me to Elite Bike Racing Success Oh Wait it Was The PED's. Hall of Shame

So far, a shocked(!) Todd Wells and Chris Wherry's name was dropped.

-from wikipedia:
Shonny Vanlandingham and Jamie Whitmore earned XTERRA world championships under Crawford’s tutelage. Willow Koerber credits Crawford for rescuing her career and taking her to the top of the world MTB rankings. Tom Danielson continues to improve under Crawford’s watchful care. Olympic Biathlon twins Lanny and Tracy Barnes are now working directly with Crawford.

-from Tom Danielson's USADA affidavit 15. My collegiate cycling coach was Rick Crawford. So, now the question is was he dealing as a collegiate cycling coach? Suddenly TD's affadavit is more strategic lies of omission.

Uh oh... Jpow had his own page of (dis)honor at RickCrawfordCoaching.com The site is down. Time to go cache digging.

Hello, Willow Rockwell? When do you tell the kid it's okay to dope?

Matt DeCanio called him out a long, long time ago too. Wherever that guy ended up, a long overdue 2013 victory lap for DeCanio might be in order.

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Uh oh... Jpow had his own page of (dis)honor at RickCrawfordCoaching.com The site is down. Time to go cache digging.

I recall it was only at last years US Nationals when Crawford was very much still J-Pow's coach.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
So, who's going to fess up next out of that list...?
Or are they 'clean'?

Btw...Levi doped 2000-2007? I thought 2006 was the magic stop?:rolleyes:
Yes the majic carpet ride from 2006 forward.

The part I found most disturbing is that this guy moved to Collegiate coaching. Get them while the're young I guess! WTF?????

The funniest thing in the Cycling News article is what dude done when CN called to interview McRea!
CN-Crawford is a doping coach.......REACTION?
CM - what,, I.....cant.....hear......you.......
"Initially McRea seemed receptive to the call, which lasted less than 40 seconds. However after Crawford's name was mentioned McRae could no longer hear the interviewer on the phone and requested to be called back, saying he was in his car."
Comedy GOLD!

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The following is an email that I sent to President Foster at Colorado Mesa University. His email is tfoster@coloradomesa.edu

I would encourage you to do something similar. If it wasn't for the fact that he is working with the future of the sport, I would care a bit less, but this a**hole needs to lose his job.

President Foster,
Although I find it noble that you would provide Mr. Crawford with a second chance due to his openess and honesty with you in the situation, that has recently come to light in the INTERNATIONAL media, regarding his past indescretions in regards to providing illegal doping products and services to cyclists in exchange for money, I find it quite troubling that there was either a lack of honesty on his part, or in regards to your public statements. I would advise you to stay ahead of the PR game and save your wonderful university the future embarassment.
The statements that Mr. Crawford have recently made publicly, in regards to the timeline and limited involvement in regards to the topic are far from complete, and will be exposed very quickly, in the INTERNATIONAL media. They have already been done so in reply sections to articles in the cycling media, and it is just a matter of time before the INTERNATIONAL news oulets jump on the band wagon, in which you and your institution of learning, will be unable to avoid inclusion.
Many of us whom participated in the profession, know full well of Mr. Crawford's involvement, and his wrong doings, and in the contemporary climate of openess in regards to this topic, have no fear of reprecussions for being open and honest ourselves.
I am in no way making any claim that I myself had any contact with Mr. Crawford, in regards to the alledged wrongdoings, but many that have will be coming out of the woodwork. That I can gaurantee. Many people who have been invloved in similar situations in the past, are sick and tired of the conveniently timed half truth confessions, that are designed only to save what is left of one's reputation, and his income generating potential.
Do us all (the sport included, let alone your student body) a favor and vigorously pursue
the truth in regards to Mr. Crawford. He has continually lied in the cycling media and has bullied former cyclists that have called him out on his lies. Please do not aid him in his ability to continue this behavior.

timbat said:
I recall it was only at last years US Nationals when Crawford was very much still J-Pow's coach.

[edited] Here's JPow's denial: http://www.jpows.com/a-tale-of-two-knives I hope it's true but won't be surprised if it isn't.

Somehow, USA Cycling has nothing to say about it...

Can anyone post how near/far out this Crawford scumbag is to the boulder bubble? This interview suggests he's pretty tightly bound to it: http://www.nashvillecyclist.com/dia...09-rick-crawford-of-colorado-premier-training

I'm lead to believe the names redacted from this link are references to Rick Crawford. http://303cycling.com/dopers-ride-with-us#comment-3971 It suggests USADA was wise to his doping in 2011 and suggests he MIGHT have been on the dope just prior.

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Other American CX riders like Trebon were also coached by Crawford weren't they ?

Trebon, Wells, Powers to name a few. Absolutely nothing in all this mess seems to implicate them.

But Crawford himself had a reputation of suggesting his athletes have a spinner ... Why ? I also recall he had a recipe on his website at one stage for boosting bodies natural EPO production through numerous supplements and dietary choices.

So why the "we had no idea, huh, no this is the first we have heard about doping and my coach" when even laymen can have read of guys reputation.

Are the athletes really that naive or just plain stupid ?

timbat said:
Other American CX riders like Trebon were also coached by Crawford weren't they ?

Trebon, Wells, Powers to name a few. Absolutely nothing in all this mess seems to implicate them.

But Crawford himself had a reputation of suggesting his athletes have a spinner ... Why ? I also recall he had a recipe on his website at one stage for boosting bodies natural EPO production through numerous supplements and dietary choices.

Google's cache of DeCanio's site has this bomb-throwing gem "Crawford told me he would kick my *** in coaching and in the streets ... Big F-U to all of his riders who sent me hatemail like Ryan Trebon etc."

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Google's cache of DeCanio's site has this bomb-throwing gem "Crawford told me he would kick my *** in coaching and in the streets ... Big F-U to all of his riders who sent me hatemail like Ryan Trebon etc."

Sounds like familiar tactics... Now was it that I seem to remember used similar tactics? - no I forgot ;)

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
[edited] Here's JPow's denial: http://www.jpows.com/a-tale-of-two-knives I hope it's true but won't be surprised if it isn't.

Somehow, USA Cycling has nothing to say about it...

Can anyone post how near/far out this Crawford scumbag is to the boulder bubble? This interview suggests he's pretty tightly bound to it: http://www.nashvillecyclist.com/dia...09-rick-crawford-of-colorado-premier-training

I'm lead to believe the names redacted from this link are references to Rick Crawford. http://303cycling.com/dopers-ride-with-us#comment-3971 It suggests USADA was wise to his doping in 2011 and suggests he MIGHT have been on the dope just prior.

JPow was coached by Myerson before Crawford. IMO, JPow is clean. His response to Crawfords admission was to fire him. You dont do that if he has dirt to dish on you, too easy for Crawford to go all Floyd, because if he wasnt straight up honest with CMU and USADA hes gets fired and banned.

Do I think he's being truthful in the interviews? No. I think there are several names he's waiting on USADA to act on, but I bet he told USADA and CMU more than he told us.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
SlowtwitchLeaks said:
When I saw CMU, thought it was Carnegie Mellon. Colorado Mesa??? Who gives an f...

It isn't about the name of the school, it is about the age of the kids. If you don't understand that, I hope you have none of your own.

spetsa said:
It isn't about the name of the school, it is about the age of the kids. If you don't understand that, I hope you have none of your own.

And then there's the problem of kids interested in cycling trying to fit it into a College plan. Suddenly a minor college with a formal cycling program moves way up the list and it only cost them a minor dope dealer's salary. The kid won't care and rhe dope enabling continues unabated.

TRENDING THREADS