• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Was a short stage and more difficult ones are still to come, but he's still looking good. In particular, poopgate appears to have been an unfortunate random incident as opposed to a weakening

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Not much you can do when the best time trialist in the race is also the best climber

Among to the top 10, Dumo is the best time trialist by a mile and a half. If he keeps the pink until Stage 20, this is in the bag.

Re:

Red Rick said:
I'm not gonna celebrate the victory until the last man finishes his TT in Milan and Dumoulin is atop the podium. That said, monster ride today.
Me also. I'm not at all confident until the final stage is done.

Remember how Menchov fell in the TT? Similar situation. Menchov was isolated almost all Giro and did everything himself. Also closed shop the final ITT, but it almost went wrong.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
He has to be careful only in one aspect now.He has to synchronise pee-pees with the bunch or at least with Pinot and Zaka. One does not simply rely on Movi and their dirty tactics.

One climb to forsake them all
One climb to shake them
One climb to lose them all
And in the isolation bind them

T19_S00_Chianzutan_web.jpg

Re:

Red Rick said:
Tom shouldn't whine about that. Pretty normal tactics. For a guy who wasn't angry at his oppenents for attacking after he took a dump, this reaction is pretty poor.
Uh-oh Nibali just said to RAI that despite Tom being very strong, and the best until now, he should not be saying those stuff about them losing the podium because he also hasn't won yet and karma might bite back.

Nibs witch-doctors are already performing rituals as we speak...

Nibali on Tom: "he's great, he controlled very well, he's the strongest of all. But he sounds a bit too cocky. He can't ask us to work for him. What does he want? That me and Nairo pull for him until Milano and then thank him? He hopes we lose the podium, why should I care about getting 2nd, 3rd or 5th? He could lose the podium as well if he keeps riding this way."

Beef!

But he also said: "He's a very good guy, he's honest, straightforward. Everybody respect him. When I won in Bormio he came to congratulate me. When we race we all get mean. It's normal.

Re: Re:

dfromdub said:
[
Uh-oh Nibali just said to RAI that despite Tom being very strong, and the best until now, he should not be saying those stuff about them losing the podium because he also hasn't won yet and karma might bite back.

Nibs witch-doctors are already performing rituals as we speak...
Lol yes he also talked about karma. Be safe out there Major Tom :D