Tom 'Pidders' Pidcock

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Insane performance from Pidcock. This guy is so talented. He made an entire field of the best in the world look like second raters. I could already tell early when he was following VDP that he was going to win, he looked so effortless. And what must the long time moutainbikers think that guys who don't even focus on the discipline can come right in and beat them? Pidcock and Mathieu have now won 3 of the 4 races this year.

Fwiw, Picock says he was born to be a mountain biker and has been doing it his whole life but I'm already starting to wonder what this guy can't do. I was already shocked at his road performances this year. Another super talent.

Reactions: SafeBet
His climbing was disappointing early season compared to his Under 23 pedigree but given his rapid rate of improvement from the start of the year I would not be at all shocked if he won a tough stage in the Vuelta after some more specific mountain training.

His climbing was disappointing early season compared to his Under 23 pedigree but given his rapid rate of improvement from the start of the year I would not be at all shocked if he won a tough stage in the Vuelta after some more specific mountain training.
I took his performance in Var as a way to get some road race kms under his belt before hitting the main goals. I don't think he went at 100% there, not even close.

I would not be shocked if he finishes the Vuelta in the top10 honestly. Yes, his recovery at this level is not tested but the talent is insane.

It's incredible he's only 50 kg too. I can't remember if he can tt, but clearly he has an engine and his punch is almost equal to vdp. He'll win a lot of races in his career.
He was 4th in the EC U23 time trial last year, losing 39 seconds in 25 km to Andreas Leknessund (who would finish 13th in the WC ITT a month later).

Probably not gonna be a world beater, but I have no doubt he's going to be at least competent.

He was 4th in the EC U23 time trial last year, losing 39 seconds in 25 km to Andreas Leknessund (who would finish 13th in the WC ITT a month later).

Probably not gonna be a world beater, but I have no doubt he's going to be at least competent.
Sounds like it won’t be a strength but will be good enough for him to defend himself in a similar level to Nibali.

ASK THE COMMUNITY