• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tom 'Pidders' Pidcock

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Didn't Alaphilippe have like 6 punctures or am I misremembering things?
Yep. When the live coverage started he was trying to chase back if I remember correctly. But the front group was already on Monte Sante Marie and he no chance to come back no matter his legs.
Of course that was a matter of luck rather than bad positioning, but my feeling has always been that you really need to always be at the front of the race in the final 70-80km to have a shot at the win in Strade Bianche.

What does the rule say?

I'm almost sure I've seen riders (team leaders) with different helmet colours from their teammates to be more visible in case of a mechanical or crashes and even team mates with different helmet models in the same stage.

I would say it's more to do with the teams own sponsorship than a ruling from the UCI.

I seem to recall Tao Geoghegan Hart getting signed up by Sidi shoes and in an Insta post he said something about how a lot of things they're controlled on wearing apart from shoes (and maybe some other bits) so maybe its that. Plus a lot of the teams already have major sponsors in nutrition so I doubt they would be happy at a certain rider wearing their own branded helmets.

As for Opening weekend for Pidcock. Impressive. Ineos will be pleased. What's happened to Doull?

I would say it's more to do with the teams own sponsorship than a ruling from the UCI.

I seem to recall Tao Geoghegan Hart getting signed up by Sidi shoes and in an Insta post he said something about how a lot of things they're controlled on wearing apart from shoes (and maybe some other bits) so maybe its that. Plus a lot of the teams already have major sponsors in nutrition so I doubt they would be happy at a certain rider wearing their own branded helmets.

As for Opening weekend for Pidcock. Impressive. Ineos will be pleased. What's happened to Doull?

Please, for the love of all things Yorkshire and Holy ... change the thread title. :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: MartinGT

Will be interesting to see when he rides off road/ CX & MTB whether he wears the RB helmet......

And suddenly, Pidcock shrunk again! He is again 1m57! As stated on Ineos' website, and PCS copied it obviously.
Stefan Bissegger (left) is 1m78, and they claim Pidcock is 1m57, which should put him at the height of Bissegger's chin. So either Ineos got it all wrong, or Pidcock did indeed shrink again (which is completely possible, considering this image is from 18 months ago!). If however we take the length of Bissegger as a reference, even accounting for Thomas his wavy hair, he should still be at least 1m67 or more in reality.

EcPm9N9WkAYSzOR

Here he is standing next to the 1m65 tall Iserbyt also 2 years ago:

20190202-141011.jpg

The Curious Case of Thomas Pidcock.

Last edited:
Short cyclists do seem to enjoy a fairly large aero advantage, of course they lose a bit on absolute power and power / weight wrt to bike mass, but seeing Piddles (!!!), Higuita, Ewan and Evenepoel having success shows that size does matter in some situations. Pozzovivo, of course, is also really short.

I think we can give Pidcock a new name now. Since he's a cxer, maybe "pitstop" -- although that's probably better for Dumoulin...

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Short cyclists do seem to enjoy a fairly large aero advantage, of course they lose a bit on absolute power and power / weight wrt to bike mass, but seeing Piddles (!!!), Higuita, Ewan and Evenepoel having success shows that size does matter in some situations. Pozzovivo, of course, is also really short.

I think we can give Pidcock a new name now. Since he's a cxer, maybe "pitstop" -- although that's probably better for Dumoulin...

Thomas the *** Engine.

Maybe not.

Aww, the censor cut it. What's wrong with writing about roosters?

And suddenly, Pidcock shrunk again! He is again 1m57! As stated on Ineos' website, and PCS copied it obviously.
Stefan Bissegger (left) is 1m78, and they claim Pidcock is 1m57, which should put him at the height of Bissegger's chin. So either Ineos got it all wrong, or Pidcock did indeed shrink again (which is completely possible, considering this image is from 18 months ago!). If however we take the length of Bissegger as a reference, even accounting for Thomas his wavy hair, he should still be at least 1m67 or more in reality.
The main talking point in 2021 cycling; Tom Pidcock's height!

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS