• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tom 'Pidders' Pidcock

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
2022 schedule:

(X²O Trofee Flandriencross
World Cup Hoogerheide
World Championships)

Volta ao Algarve

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne
Strade Bianche
Milano-San Remo
Dwars door Vlaanderen
Ronde van Vlaanderen
Amstel Gold Race
Brabantse Pijl
Fleche Wallonne
Liege-Bastogne-Liege

Giro d'Italia

MTB World Cups (probably starting in Lenzerheide)

MTB World Championships

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
2022 schedule:

World Cup Hoogerheide
World Championships)

Volta ao Algarve

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne
Strade Bianche
Milano-San Remo
Dwars door Vlaanderen
Ronde van Vlaanderen
Amstel Gold Race
Brabantse Pijl
Fleche Wallonne
Liege-Bastogne-Liege

Giro d'Italia

MTB World Championships
That's a good schedule. I would add E3 as well, but his schedule is already packed and if he plans on being in form from Omloop to the Giro, he has his work cut out for him.

2022 schedule:

World Cup Hoogerheide
World Championships)

Volta ao Algarve

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne
Strade Bianche
Milano-San Remo
Dwars door Vlaanderen
Ronde van Vlaanderen
Amstel Gold Race
Brabantse Pijl
Fleche Wallonne
Liege-Bastogne-Liege

Giro d'Italia

MTB World Championships

I'm a Pidcock fan, but I'm not so sure about Pidcock's scedule this year.

It seems like, just like last year, this scedule is way to full. Last year he managed to get trough the classics pretty good with a win in Brabantse Pijl and an almost win in Amstel. However he didn't ride a final in any of the big classics and he even completely missed out on the Vuelta after the Olympics.

Instead of Giro, I'd put him in TdF or Vuelta as a stage hunter. It just seems a bit much to start in WC CX, to Omloop, all the classics until LBL to start the Giro. I'm actually wondering what should he be focussing on? Cobbles, Hills or Stages/Grand Tour? I think he's more of a hilly classic kind of guy, but again his scedule's just all over the place.

• Wow
I'm a Pidcock fan, but I'm not so sure about Pidcock's scedule this year.

It seems like, just like last year, this scedule is way to full. Last year he managed to get trough the classics pretty good with a win in Brabantse Pijl and an almost win in Amstel. However he didn't ride a final in any of the big classics and he even completely missed out on the Vuelta after the Olympics.

Instead of Giro, I'd put him in TdF or Vuelta as a stage hunter. It just seems a bit much to start in WC CX, to Omloop, all the classics until LBL to start the Giro. I'm actually wondering what should he be focussing on? Cobbles, Hills or Stages/Grand Tour? I think he's more of a hilly classic kind of guy, but again his scedule's just all over the place.

Amstel isn't one of the big classics? He didn't ride many of those, then (and he was part of the finale in MSR).

Other than that, I agree, it's a weird schedule.

I‘m almost sure that Pidcock cannot be beaten at Cyclocross Worlds next Sunday. He is in good shape, and normally should be stronger than Iserbyt and his fellow Belgians plus van der Haar.

Pidcock is an amazing rider. Still young, and almost as strong as Wout van Aert… :)

Wout and Mathieu don‘t do Worlds, so it‘s Pidcocks chance…

I‘m almost sure that Pidcock cannot be beaten at Cyclocross Worlds next Sunday. He is in good shape, and normally should be stronger than Iserbyt and his fellow Belgians plus van der Haar.

Pidcock is an amazing rider. Still young, and almost as strong as Wout van Aert… :)

Wout and Mathieu don‘t do Worlds, so it‘s Pidcocks chance…
I'm sure he can be beaten. And he did himself a great disservice by bungling the two races this weekend. He has effectively put a target on his back, because now basically everybody thinks they can become world champion, and see this as possibly their only chance in absence of Wout and Mathieu.

• Wow
I think Pidcock remains the top favorite. What he lacked this weekend was because of his training camp. If Pidcock can peak sunday then he's better than Iserbyt, Aerts and Vanthournhout. The only one who might have beaten him, is Quinten Hermans. With his climbing ability. But Hermans is out with a corona infection. Pidcock himself is the better climber of the rest. Even better than Vanthournhout. But this last one isn't at its best right now.

The old fella is World champion. easily.
Clipboard.jpg

TRENDING THREADS