• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tom 'Pidders' Pidcock

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well yes, but there are reasons why he hasn't quite done as well. Is he over these issues? It will be interesting to see. Short Track tonight shouldn't give him any problems, but they are raced full on from the start.
To me, Pidcock seems to be someone who can obtain a very high peak fitness if all training goes well. But if he takes any time off, he seems to lose it quite fast too. It happened after he won the Olympic Gold Medal and the CX World Championship. His base level seems to be far below riders like Wout or MvdP.

To me, Pidcock seems to be someone who can obtain a very high peak fitness if all training goes well. But if he takes any time off, he seems to lose it quite fast too. It happened after he won the Olympic Gold Medal and the CX World Championship. His base level seems to be far below riders like Wout or MvdP.

I think that will improve with age, reminder that he is 5 years younger, Wout and MvdP were still around 1-2 years away from focusing properly on the road at his current age. I think he'll go well in these two world cups.

Reactions: postmanhat
Was this the actual problem for his underwhelming spring campaign? Any article / interview talking about it?
I wish I had a scoop for you but its me reading between the lines after his coach mentioning his inability to process fuel in long races and some of this...
I also wondered if its a long term battle with IBS after reading the part about him suffering stomach issues in the past. Regardless, we'll be the last to know the full extent of any underlying problems, a bit like VdP's back issue. Anyway, great to see Pidcock dispatching the best in MTB today with ease.

Pidcock is a like Fantastic Beast among the elite MTB guys.
When he makes an appearance it's like a fantasy event
and the regular commentators say wow but then move on
to the real deal amongst to usual MTB guys - knowing
the Chimera is likely to disappear if you look away long enough.

Tom Pidcock took the term 'recovery ride' to new extremes as he trekked nearly 200km from Germany to the Czech Republic on Monday.

The Olympic champion won the World Cup round in Albstadt, Germany, on Sunday, but decided against resting up the following day.

He also decided against making his way to the Czech Republic - where the next round of the World Cup takes place this weekend - by more traditional modes of transport, such as car.

Instead, he kitted up and set off for what would be a near six-hour ride totalling 190.2km.

Reactions: Wyndbrook
Given his illness this year, he's doing better than I expected at the Tour so far. But outside of the U-23s, this is the first stage race where he's, theoretically, riding for GC. I'll be amazed if he's still in the top ten after the next two days. But a top 20 finish in the final GC would be pretty decent. Main goals for the season are yet to come?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS