• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tom 'Pidders' Pidcock

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He started this season with a bang! First climbing superb in Algarve, then this majestic win to equal Pogacar's last year. What else can he win this season in this form?

FqZKn5vWYAEh8Dv

FqZMKRLXoAUaDsQ

Impressive indeed
He started this season with a bang! First climbing superb in Algarve, then this majestic win to equal Pogacar's last year. What else can he win this season in this form?

FqZKn5vWYAEh8Dv

FqZMKRLXoAUaDsQ
Impressive indeed, but I honestly think Pog's attack and solo, considering the time gap gained, was the bigger performance. Chapeau to the Briton, nonetheless.

Last edited:
His decision to skip the cross WC was the right one. This guy knows how to peak. He already proved that in the younger categories, in cross and in mountainbike. When he sets a goal he's to be reckoned with. Strade was always a race that suited him like a glove. I didn't expect him to attack so early. He probably didn't expect that himself. Impressive win!

It was the right move in the end and he committed wholeheartedly when he got the gap on the descent.

For Pidcock this was a phenomenal ride. Didn't expect him to finish it like he did.
Of course he had some luck that JV brought two teams and that nobody really wanted to close the gap because those two teams wore the same pants. But even when they came very close he never gave up and that effort resulted in a win (luckily).
Strong ride and well deserved win. SB didn't dissapoint.

I get that this is dangerous. That pedal strike at 1:14 is a split second from a Froome-esque career defining disaster - or worse. But if you think too much about the possible consequences you won't be a great descender.

I can't help but be impressed by the skill. The reflexes and judgement is difficult to comprehend. But for an analogy, the best sprinters are also quite nuts, so where do we draw the line? Personally, I find this video even more impressive than Tom's Galibier descent in the TdF, although TBH I only saw snippets of that on YouTube.

ps - That guy who filmed from behind with his GoPro was equally nuts.
I've only ever come off the bike because of a pedal strike at low speed (cornering on a brompton where the road I was tunring into had a traffic calming bump). High speed ones, even on the fixed gear, are scarier but, in my experience, less likely to throw you.

Last edited:
Well he was only a non-factor in that a team-mate was in the break so didn't have to do anything. In the melee of the sprint for second, it's possible he sat up which he does have a tendency to do.

You're probably right that he won't be on top form, but the enforced break might also be beneficial.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well he was only a non-factor in that a team-mate was in the break so didn't have to do anything. In the melee of the sprint for second, it's possible he sat up which he does have a tendency to do.

You're probably right that he won't be on top form, but the enforced break might also be beneficial.

He said himself post race that he didn’t have the legs to follow when the big moves went.

Reactions: postmanhat
by all accounts it always takes him one race day to get back into it.
wasn't great in omloop but then strade happened next week.
he had a good base after the cross season, and did all of the hard stages of tirreno to add to it, then did good work in andorra after the 3 day enforced break.
i think personally flanders might come slightly too soon for top form, but he won't be far off and will be in the 2nd group. however bogaerts says he will be good and when he and tom say that - he usually is.
it's looking great for amstel, fleche and liege though.

Reactions: postmanhat

TRENDING THREADS