• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top 10 Reasons for Rooting for Cuddles

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
there is a single reason why I will root for Cuddles to win the Tour:

HE DESERVES IT

Long career always so close to achieve victory-this time around he's the rightful candidate to earn that overlong due spot in the sport's history...

BTW I am a Contador fan:)

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
No. 3. Cuddels bought out his contract to join BMC, he choose the team, his failure.

I have also read in several places his race tactics are suspect in previous races ( I can't remember where I read it).

Don't get me wrong I think he is great, a slightly detuned Ullrich in style. He has had minimal support from his team, but a stage win and still in with a chance, BMC should be delighted.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ksmith said:
No. 3. Cuddels bought out his contract to join BMC, he choose the team, his failure.

I have also read in several places his race tactics are suspect in previous races ( I can't remember where I read it).

Don't get me wrong I think he is great, a slightly detuned Ullrich in style. He has had minimal support from his team, but a stage win and still in with a chance, BMC should be delighted.
RE: the buying out of the contract, just thought I'd make a point that he would be earning less at BMC than Lotto. The amount of money it would of cost him would be massive.

#13 He's been striving for it all of his career.
#14 He's a nice guy ;)
#15 He also has something interesting to say. You don't get any cliched bull**** from him.

The Hitch said:
Fear of the Cadel fans on this board is the one thing thats keeping me from hanging a Cadel flag on my house tomorw.

THey will be unbearable if he wins...

I promise to keep a lid on it if he wins. ;)

Mambo95 said:
More reasons:

Do you want to disappoint this little boy?

1986_School_Photo.jpg

No cleft yet, but great pic nonetheless!

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Because he has ridden like a leader all tour.
Because of his efforts on the Col du Galibier.
Because he hasn't had a babysitter for the whole tour.
Because Andy only has any time because of an error in judgement on BMCs part, not because of any inherent strength.
Because he hasn't been out of the top 4 once all tour (in fact he has only been out of the top 2 since stage 18).
Because he features heavily in not only the GC and KoM, but also the Green Jersey.

on3m@n@rmy said:
I promise to keep a lid on it if he wins. ;)

!

I didnt even know you were a Cuddles fanboy. I always thought you just liked everybody.

To be fair, with a few exceptions its not this forum so much neccesarily. Me and Sasquatch have shared some links to outside boards covering the TDF in pms, and lets just say it aint pretty.

Venture outside these forums and on some of those threads you get, drunk chauvinistic versions of Phil Ligget

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
there is a single reason why I will root for Cuddles to win the Tour:

HE DESERVES IT

Long career always so close to achieve victory-this time around he's the rightful candidate to earn that overlong due spot in the sport's history...

I can go with this one. Evans simply deserves it.

The Hitch said:
I didnt even know you were a Cuddles fanboy. I always thought you just liked everybody.

To be fair, with a few exceptions its not this forum so much neccesarily. Me and Sasquatch have shared some links to outside boards covering the TDF in pms, and lets just say it aint pretty.

Venture outside these forums and on some of those threads you get, drunk chauvinistic versions of Phil Ligget

Wonderful! I think I may be on the wrong forum. Take me with you, Hitch. Those silly ****ers have no idea of the lukewarm, cardigan sweater rage of which I am capable. Patches on the elbows of corduroy jackets, Hitch.

Patches on the elbows.

$20 says that pic of an inchoate Evans is ACF's wallpaper and already causing relationship problems for SC.

Mrs. Tibbs grew up loving Tintin (despite the books' glaring racial issues), so I'm obligated to support Evans. Haddock is everything I wish I could be.

haddockportrait.jpg

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
Wonderful! I think I may be on the wrong forum. Take me with you, Hitch. Those silly ****ers have no idea of the lukewarm, cardigan sweater rage of which I am capable. Patches on the elbows of corduroy jackets, Hitch.

Patches on the elbows.

$20 says that pic of an inchoate Evans is ACF's wallpaper and already causing relationship problems for SC.
Mrs. Tibbs grew up loving Tintin (despite the books' glaring racial issues), so I'm obligated to support Evans. Haddock is everything I wish I could be.

haddockportrait.jpg
LOL there is plenty of pics to go around - I only need one pic of Cadel in yellow in Paris to statify me.

I have to admit I havent been a Saint these forums - Im the gun ho, speak first think later, irrational when too worked up, state how I feel when I am feeling it without thinking person......but if there is two things that may be my only defence is that one im loyal/passionate and two I will never pretend to be the moral forum citizen

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
If Cadel wins I wont be keeping the lid on it.
I haven't sat up into the wee hours of the morning for three weeks for nothing.

Go Cadel

Luke

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Had I not been aware of this board, there is no doubt at all I would cheer for Evans tomorrow. Sadly that is not the case. There are a few australians on this forum that has ruined any chance of me ever cheering for Australia in any sport.

These people have shown countless times an inability to pay respect or acknowledge anything non australian, they are completely one eyed and ultra biased. Unable to handle defeat in a gracious and mature manner, and I have no doubt that they will show the same inability in the case of a victory.

I do know that there are sensible and mature posters from Australia represented on this forum too, and I wish those people all luck tomorrow. But just thinking about how those fanatic people would behave in case of a Victory, makes me puke a little bit in my mouth. It's a case of the few, ruining it for the many I'm afraid and I'm sorry about that.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Because we already know, with absolute certainty, how Cadel carries himself as a champion. He was a great and worthy wearer of the Rainbow Jersey. He will do honor to the Maillot Jaune. This counts for a lot in my book.

Because he's not just been riding, but RACING all season! When he showed up, like Tirreno-Adriatico or Tour de Romandie, he was there to RACE! What the hell were the Sisters doing during the Spring?

Andy treats the pre-Tour season as nothing more than a warm-up for what he feels is rightly his: the top step in Paris. It’s an approach that is a horrible reversal for the sport, a template all-too-familiar to most of us.

Cadel winning the Tour de France would make for a great story and it would help to shatter the narrative that's been getting shoved down our throats that somehow, for some reason, FrAndy "deserve" to win the biggest race of the year.

Tomorrow's outcome is going to go a long way in determining how I ultimately feel about this years Tour. If Evans smokes the TT and takes the GC, this will have been one of my favorite Tours in quite a while.

Phil Liggett unintentionally stumbled onto one his greatest slip-ups of all time this year when he inadvertently coined the phrase "Schleckond." I can only hope that that will ring true in glorious fashion come Sunday.

Go Cadel Evans!!!

a_1_p_30.jpg

therhodeo said:
#12 he's not Andy Schleck.

well - I hope Cadel wins. I will be cheering for him :D ...... but I really disagree with the above.

If Andy wins - he is a pretty worthy winner (and I am definitely not a fan. I really dont like him). He has ridden pretty well, and I was pretty critical of his efforts early in the tour, and especially the descent-whinge-fest. But he redeemed himself with great riding. Attacking riding. Tactical riding. He put his money where is mouth was and went out to actually WIN it - and with that was a solid chance that he might lose all .... kudos to the man for putting it all on the line.

Sørensen said:
Had I not been aware of this board, there is no doubt at all I would cheer for Evans tomorrow. Sadly that is not the case. There are a few australians on this forum that has ruined any chance of me ever cheering for Australia in any sport.

These people have shown countless times an inability to pay respect or acknowledge anything non australian, they are completely one eyed and ultra biased. Unable to handle defeat in a gracious and mature manner, and I have no doubt that they will show the same inability in the case of a victory.

I do know that there are sensible and mature posters from Australia represented on this forum too, and I wish those people all luck tomorrow. But just thinking about how those fanatic people would behave in case of a Victory, makes me puke a little bit in my mouth. It's a case of the few, ruining it for the many I'm afraid and I'm sorry about that.

As an Australian (not vomit worthy I hope), I am happy to see the best man win. Even Australians get embarrssed about their fellow Australians. But you also have to understand how sports crazy Australia is and also how frustrated Evans fans are who have followed and supported him since he turned pro. I think a win would tone down the hysteria on the forum ...........after the first few months of celebrations. Both riders have had great Tour's not matter the final outcome.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Damiano Machiavelli said:
11. If Evans loses then the aussies will be intolerable. We have already seen them turn on Voeckler for not blowing himself up chasing Andy.

if evans wins the aussies will be intolerable. either way we are screwed :D

May 23, 2011
Visit site
gregod said:
if evans wins the aussies will be intolerable. either way we are screwed :D

But the forum has already built up a tolerance to rabid Evans support, much like a drug user builds a tolerance to ever greater amounts of dope. We can thank ACF for that. The group can handle a bit more Evans cheerleading.

S&#248 said:
There are a few australians on this forum that has ruined any chance of me ever cheering for Australia in any sport.

Would you mind saying who they are??? Also that was a bit biased yourself. I shall herefore promise to not gloat if Cadel wins ( shall celebrate of course ) and hope you can appreciate a good race. If we are fanatical and hopeful of someone winning that is not reflective of him. Besides it's a forum you will not meet any of us in real life and it's not as if we go out of our way to insult you. You could always just steer clear of Evans threads

I agree moving target that is a great response. We have waited a long time.

TRENDING THREADS