• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top 10 Tour de France

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Miburo said:
Old man of 36 years who has riden the giro, and podium'd it, ok :rolleyes:

Evans born in the same year as me and I feel a kid, so if I read again the word old... :p:D

He won the Tour two years ago, and I think others are now less strong. He had a virus last year. There are new people as Froome and others, that is right...but podium is still at his possibilities.

He chose ride the Giro as a training, he needed for the Tour. I have talked about this in his thread.

I dont like him a lot, but I tried to be objetive, and he is there in my opinion.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Evans born in the same year as me and I feel a kid, so if I read again the word old... :p:D

He won the Tour two years ago, and I think others are now less strong. He had a virus last year. There are new people as Froome and others, that is right...but podium is still at his possibilities.

He chose ride the Giro as a training, he needed for the Tour. I have talked about this in his thread.

I dont like him a lot, but I tried to be objetive, and he is there in my opinion.

Isn't being objective and formulating your opinion a contradiction? Your opinion is biased, so how can it be objective?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
1. Porte
2. Froome
3. TJ
4. Pinot
5. Purito
6. Contador
7. Talansky
8. Valverde
9. TGBM
10. VDB2

I have no clue but I think anything is possible. IMO Porte will climb with Froome and will gain time on him in TT

Jancouver said:
1. Porte
2. Froome
3. TJ
4. Pinot
5. Purito
6. Contador
7. Talansky
8. Valverde
9. TGBM
10. VDB2

I have no clue but I think anything is possible. IMO Porte will climb with Froome and will gain time on him in TT

I think Porte won't be able to keep up with the best during the entire GT. Not like Wiggins and Froome last year. He will be less prominent, but prominent enough for Sky to dominate the Tour :)

Kwibus said:
I think Porte won't be able to keep up with the best during the entire GT. Not like Wiggins and Froome last year. He will be less prominent, but prominent enough for Sky to dominate the Tour :)

I think Porte will use too much energy dragging Froome along in the mountains and will probably lose time on each MTF which he will make up on some riders in the TTs probably. He will be near the podium I think but probably not in the top 3.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I think Porte will use too much energy dragging Froome along in the mountains and will probably lose time on each MTF which he will make up on some riders in the TTs probably. He will be near the podium I think but probably not in the top 3.

Everything is possible if Froome will be head and shoulders stronger than anyone in the mountains which we cannot rule out.

airstream said:
Everything is possible if Froome will be head and shoulders stronger than anyone in the mountains which we cannot rule out.

Yeah depends on how others try to attack Froome. This will improve Porte's chances if he does not have to sit on the front for long periods but then Porte will do a lot of chasing if other teams let Sky do the reacting as they probably will. First mountain stage answers many questions.

The Hitch said:

that is taxus:p

probably yes i'd like more if froomey takes it, only because contador has already 7 grand tours in the bag. but people still think alberto will ride like in dauphine lol.

overall i just want to see a terrible good battle like 2003 was
quintana or voeckler those i'd like the best to take it. or richie porte

andy and purito will be there of course, just i didn't have enough places for my fav riders that's all

TRENDING THREADS