• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top 10 Tour de France

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
movingtarget said:
Yes I get the feeling that Evans is only being mentioned simply because he won the 2011 Tour but the reality is nobody expects him to win and many don't expect him to podium. But the so called Contador/ Froome match race could also be much more complicated than that. No teams will want to see Sky dictate the race like last year so it could be very tactical with many teams using their best domestques like Quintana, Moreno, Kreuziger etc. to put pressure on other teams to chase. Everyone remembers what happened with Pereiro in 2006. This could expose the weaker teams and the third week could have a lot of very tired riders including some of the GC contenders.

Did they give it away to him?

Is it not a enought motive to be mentioned?

There are a lot of people that could win this Tour, and Evans among them. Imo I think he will finish better than Contador.

Taxus4a said:

There are a lot of people that could win this Tour, and Evans among them. Imo I think he will finish better than Contador.

:D:D:D:D

one of your finest works

i like cadel but no way he will survive to the supersonic tempo of 3rd week. i think he really should go for stage wins in the first ten days of racing

Taxus4a said:

Of course not. But he is 36 now and even though he is enthusiastic and a very smart rider he has the job ahead of him. He will give it everything as usual but he will struggle to make the podium I think. I hope I am wrong of course.

For fun:
1. Froome
2. Contador
3. Hesjedal
4. Porte
5. Rodriugez
6. Van den Broeck
7. Van Garderen
8. Talansky
9. Rolland
10. Pinot
There are some other good bets for top10, but can't put all of them in my top10. It's impossible to predict who will retire or be in worse shape than expected. It's not like quite a different outcome will be any surprise to me.

Way off topic, but the sunflower plants are only up to my knees so far and not a flower to be seen. I doubt we will have as many super images of the peloton cruising past a field of yellow this year, maybe in the south the situation is better.

1. Pinot
2. Rolland
3. Hesjedal

May 23, 2013
Visit site
1. Quintana
2. Contador
3. Martin
4. Rolland
5. van Garderen
6. van den Broeck
7. Porte
8. Rodriguez
9. Pinot
10. Evans

(I think Froome's going to crash out, and I think Porte's going to suffer for having waited for him at some point.)

Poursuivant said:
There is almost always a surprise in the top ten. Really tough call. I think it may be someone like Moreno could surprise.

I dont think Moreno would be a surprise in the slightest. hes possibly one of the top 5 or 6 climbers in the race and if Purito were to crash he would be a favourite for a top 10. Even without Purito crashing there are a number of scenarios in which he can get that.

The Hitch said:
I dont think Moreno would be a surprise in the slightest. hes possibly one of the top 5 or 6 climbers in the race and if Purito were to crash he would be a favourite for a top 10. Even without Purito crashing there are a number of scenarios in which he can get that.

I mean in the context of other peoples predictions on this thread, not many have put him there. I should have been more clearer, sorry. Anyway, it will probably be someone even more of an outsider, not many would have tipped Pinot last year.

TRENDING THREADS