• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour 2010 hype...the Return of...

I'm already hyped about the 2010 Tour De France. Because let's face it, the climbing at this Tour wasn't all that interesting. Partly the route, but partly because you KNEW that AC was the best, A.Shleck second, Frank 3rd and everyone else a little farther back in the distance. But next year could be different.

I'm just hoping ALL of these Riders show up at the start line.

Riccardo Ricco
Michael Rasmussen
Levi Leipheimer (didn't get to see him climb)
Floyd Landis (lucky stars willing he gets his *** back in shape)
Ivan Basso
Vino

And how about the organizers don't F up and only have 3 mountaintop finishes. More like 5 or 6. i'm guessing only Basso really rides though.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Juan Pelota said:
I'm already hyped about the 2010 Tour De France. Because let's face it, the climbing at this Tour wasn't all that interesting. Partly the route, but partly because you KNEW that AC was the best, A.Shleck second, Frank 3rd and everyone else a little farther back in the distance. But next year could be different.

Riccardo Ricco
Michael Rasmussen
Ivan Basso
Vino

And how about the organizers don't F up and only have 3 mountaintop finishes. More like 5 or 6. i'm guessing only Basso really rides though.

Wow five dopers and the only rider voted to be less interesting on a climb than Cadel Evans. Face it, with only their own blood in their systems and two years off the bike don't expect to see any of the returnees riding the way they used to. And I can't imagine the ASO allowing Ricco, Landis, Rasmussen or Vinokourov anywhere near the start line.

I like the idea of more mountain top stages though. Also like to see some more hill finishes and a few more proper mountain stages with multiple Category 1 and H/C climbs strung together. I know we'll never see it, but I'd love to see the 21st stage revert back to being an ITT, why finish the race on the second last day?

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
I know we'll never see it, but I'd love to see the 21st stage revert back to being an ITT, why finish the race on the second last day?

Anything would be better than the repetitive anticlimax that stage 21 is at present - or perhaps it's just a way of weaning us off the tour and aiding our development of post-tour blues ;)

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Juan Pelota said:

Riccardo Ricco
Michael Rasmussen
Ivan Basso
Vino

Woo, a load of dopers.

How is Rasmussen a more interesting climber than AC or the Shreks?

I forgot about Valverde...

You didn't think Rasmussen vs. AC on the peyresourde was interesting?

Now maybe the chicken can't do that anymore, but still. He will be intriguing to watch. And I never said that he was more interesting than AC or the Shlecks, just that he would ADD to the interest.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
When in the end of October the race route will be revealed, we'll understand a lot about ASO's wishes.
Will there be a TTT?
How many Kms of ITTs?
How many mountain top finishes and which ones?

The new lineups of the teams will be important, too! Where will Alberto is going to end? What about the Sky team? The RadioShack?
Anyway, don't expect Ricco to be there. I think he already agreed with an Italian continental team that anyway wouldn't have been invited in the race. The same should apply to Rasmussen, except he changes team, but who will be so stupid to hire him, at least from the big teams. Landis is in the same situation. Only Vinokourov will find a place in a Protour team, but if I remember well the UCI is already in CAS against him. Apparently he was given a 2-years ban because he already had said he was retiring, otherwise it would have been a 4-years ban. So we have to wait for that outcome, too.

Anyway, I'm more eager to see Tony Martin, Gesink, Fuglsang, Nibali and Kreuzinger, Lovkvist and other young guns. Not the old rotten vegetables.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Rechtschreibfehler said:
LA and Ricco should be on the same team competing for the leaders place.
There will be no competition at all. Even in 10 years time Lance will be far better than Ricco in Time trial :)

Rechtschreibfehler said:
LA and Ricco should be on the same team competing for the leaders place.

But it should be broadcasted prime time. And a bit more like a casting show.
"Whatevers next Team Leader" or something like that.
Pure entertainment.

Both on their blackberries on the climbs.

It will be nice to see ricco getting dropped - if he's clean.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
balkou said:
Anyway, I'm more eager to see Tony Martin, Gesink, Fuglsang, Nibali and Kreuzinger, Lovkvist and other young guns. Not the old rotten vegetables.

Totally agree - bring on the young blood! They were the ones that animated this tour anyway (mostly).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts