Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 25, 2010
El Pistolero said:
I hope Gilbert races this like a one day races. Why not attack from 50km out and shatter the favorites group.
Because he's in a 3 week race? :rolleyes:

Mar 31, 2010
goggalor said:
Awesome. Him and LL Sanchez (3'23") have a shot at yellow then.
favorites won't let them get too far away then. I also hope for attacks from some less favorites on the coming climbs

Apr 9, 2011
El Pistolero said:
I hope Gilbert races this like a one day races. Why not attack from 50km out and shatter the favorites group.
Its almost what Evans and Gilbert were trying to do - who attacks out of the group 150 km from the finish if your 1 second down and a GC top 5 guy ?

jens_attacks said:
i'm not even a big gesink fan but this is getting very sad.especially after that knee hole in vuelta 2009.i think michael rasmussen cursed rabobank for good no offense.

peloton already all over the place.
I think Gesink must have stepped on the same crack as Christian Van De Velde or walked under too many ladders.........

Jan 18, 2010
Nice to see some firepower in the break and not the usual useless Cofidis riders. This could be a decent stage.

Apr 8, 2009
Ryo Hazuki said:
oh here we have the next evans fanboy/girl
what because I dont agree with the forums customary hatred of all things Cadel Evens that makes me a fangirl huh?

Whatever mate......

Jun 16, 2011
nice breakaway! but missing tejay. johnny hoogerland will be in dot jersey.

a frenchie to win, allez voeckler allez!!

thought garmin or somebody would chase voeckler. he's up there on GC list :confused:

oh well :D

Mar 31, 2010
pls tell me when has evans attacked this year? or last year? maybe once or twice at the most. definetely a wheelsucker, only leipheimer is worse

Jul 6, 2011
This will be a tough day in the saddle. Hard start to the stage and we have not yet reached the brutal middle section of the stage with all the climbs. Some GC-riders could lose the tour today, Gesink seems to be the first one.

Jul 16, 2010
Ryo Hazuki said:
pls tell me when has evans attacked this year? or last year? maybe once or twice at the most. definetely a wheelsucker, only leipheimer is worse
He reacted to Phil's attack yesterday. Reacted a bit late though, so it was an attack.

ASK THE COMMUNITY