• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
YoRUsh said:
Johnny will probably be in the break tomorrow, in every interview he sounds crazy conficent and hes good good form. Would be cool is TJ gets in the break as well for a nice fight over the points...

Yeah forgot about Johnny. I wonder by the end of the Tour how many breaks he will have been in + the breaks he was in at the Giro.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Fight.The.Power said:
Jobiwan - hoogerland was terrible today . He must be 1000-1 for te win. :((

He won't even be dreaming of a stage win, but he'll try to collect every possible polka dot point until the leaders get caught.;)

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Fight.The.Power said:
Jobiwan - just a quick non thread question. Thinking of a tenessee road trip next year. Knoxville is on the agenda - where else should we go?

If you're in Knoxville, then you've got to get over to Gatlinburg and then the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Stunning views and nice walking trails! There's also a cool amusement park called Dollywood in Pigeon Forge (close to Gatlinburg)

You could then head west to the capital city Nashville, plenty of good Southern food and lots of Country Music (Although country's not for everyone). Still a nice city, though! The Grand Ole Opry is the main attraction here!

Even further west of that is Memphis (9 hour drive from Knoxville to Memphis) but there's plenty of great food (Beale Street Barbecue), plus Elvis Presley's house at Graceland is a nice place to go.

Those are the 3 main cities on the Interstate, but there's plenty off the main roads too. Plenty of state parks and lots of good food!

Tennessee's a very LONG state. It takes about 11 hours on the Interstate from East to West to cross it! But it only takes about 2 from North to South!

A

Anonymous

the three main climbs tommorow
xaq4ph.png

yd61.png

fy331l.png

Gilbert, Evans, Sanchez for top 3. Uran to make top 5. Devenyns to make top 10.

Hushovd to finish in main group and will probably hold on to yellow (though I hope for fantasy purposes that Evans takes yellow).

Vino to attack tomorrow, but to no avail.

A

Anonymous

jsem94 said:
Hushovd to finish in main group and will probably hold on to yellow.

I would rate his chances of being in Yellow at the end of tomorrow at about 10%

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
vino could send up some guys and he will definetely attack then. tomorrow is a stage he can win and he's focused on it. also could be his last chance to get in yellow. hope he recovers well

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I would rate his chances of being in Yellow at the end of tomorrow at about 10%
Really? I'd say his chances tomorrow are better than what I thought it was today. The middle of the stage won't be raced hard, so he'll be fine. It all depends on who's in the break and whether Garmin want to control it IMO.

A

Anonymous

kjetilraknerud said:
Really? I'd say his chances tomorrow are better than what I thought it was today. The middle of the stage won't be raced hard, so he'll be fine. It all depends on who's in the break and whether Garmin want to control it IMO.

The difference being today there were three climbs. Tomorrow there are eight. I just cant see him matching Evans over the course of the stage.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
The difference being today there were three climbs. Tomorrow there are eight. I just cant see him matching Evans over the course of the stage.
I'd agree if they climbs came 50 kms later. Of course BMC could try to drop him 50 kms from the finish, but they won't. Why should they? I think he'll be fine.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

Maybe Cancellara will neutralize the stage. I bet that JV would've liked to have lost the yellow today.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
I agree, but just 1 long climb with an average of above 10% would be great for the TdF. I've watched 2 years of Zoncolan now and both times it was just freaking awesome.

While the Giro has climbs like that and the Tour doesn't then the two races are different and reflect their national character.

Long super steep climbs are not big or clever.

And I guess you have not ridden Ventoux, the mid-section is many kms of 10% plus

First 3km of the Alpe are also a beast, then there are another 11km with many switchbacks.

Anyway, Thor is simply awesome - so amazing to see the World Champion respect the yellow jersey so so much...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sky and especially Garmin to get a rider in a breakaway. Garmin cos Vaughter's doesn't want to do anymore bunch pacing. Euskatel another team to get a rider in a break and a few french riders.

TRENDING THREADS