• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 14: Rodez-Mende 178.5km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
From the inner ring twitter

You want to call the two Frenchmen idiots

"@inrng: Eduardo Sepúlveda (Bretagne-Séché) disqualified. His chain broke and, unable to ride, he rode 100m in Ag2r car to get to his team car"

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Rolland clearly not impressed by IAM. Questioning why teams are trying to defend 12th place in the GC by pulling back the break with all the Alps stages still to go. Fair to say he's got a point.

Re:

Eagle said:
Froome does an Aru

completelly different, Aru pulled as much as contador did, maybe more, froome just wheelsucked up to 100m and then sprinted, not that I blame anyone of them, but quintana is dumb enough to pull as hard when he had valverde closing in, TJ is not dangerous to be on podium in Paris, he do not need to be worried about his 2nd place, most probably not even Alberto have a form to beat him

Re: Re:

bigcog said:
ice&fire said:
BYOP88 said:
So Froome had a cup of urine thrown at him today. Not cool.
That's nothing. A former serial TdF winner was first asked not to participate and two years later was punched. There's only one non-French serial TdF winner who was not despised by the French, but he didn't use to sprint to the line to show up his opponents.

Who's that, lemond ?
Miguelón.

bigcog said:
ice&fire said:
BYOP88 said:
That's nothing. A former serial TdF winner was first asked not to participate and two years later was punched. There's only one non-French serial TdF winner who was not despised by the French, but he didn't use to sprint to the line to show up his opponents.

Who's that, lemond ?
Eddie Merckx i think it was.

I'm repeating the same things I did in another thread and to be honest, am repeating the same things I repeat every tour:

- Waiting until the last day/week to try to come back from 2-3+ minutes down never works and never happens. Contador at the Vuelta a few years ago against JRod was the closest I could think of to doing that, but he was only 90 seconds down and it was a flat stage.

- There is no doubt in my mind if say Nibz went out solo early one day and then say Quintana or Contador went out solo early on another day that they wouldn't be able to crack Froome. No one would be able to follow that day in and day out, and if they just tried that, they could all put Froome down together, which would bring all of them up in the standings.

- "Padding your stats" and racing conservatively to get a 2nd or 3rd is not admireable and not exciting. I'd rather go for glory and burn out than tire hug my way to a 2nd.

Re:

Red Rick said:
I laughed so hard at Cummings winning. That was awesome. Contador slowly improving, but now quite there yet, will be competitive in the Alps, but not dominant. I liked how Froome wasn't entirely invincible. Gives me hope for Quintana this year and Contador next year. I also liked Thomas showing weakness

BUT MAYBE HE WAS ACTING. THIS IS TEAM UK POSTAL AFTER ALL.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

DBotero said:
Psalmon said:
An unforgettable, ignominious sprint attack for one second by Richard Froome after not working with Nairo to the line. Utterly classless. What a jerk.

>>>If Froome has a mechanical in Yellow, Nairo now has license to attack.

Lol you missed TDF stage 20 in 2013,where Quintana wheel sucked J.Rod and Froome just to sprint away in last part.

True colors. If that was the motive, a "score" to settle 2 years old, a real champion would show some class.

I understand the urine dousing better, that would be infuriating and is intolerable. Armstrong denied Kloden in 2004 because he said the Germans were spitting on him for instance. I still thought that was pointless given the situation and thought it was a jerk move and felt bad for Kloden.

And some people likened this to Contador attacking in the Vuelta? Wow, taking the stage and a score of seconds compared to one second and 20th place. Apples compared to umbrellas.

Some Frenchs tend to be not only whiney, bad losers, but sadly enough also hypocritical, ugly nationalists. What's new exactly with this issue? It's as disgraceful as sad.

That said: Where have those rowdys been when this Texan goof really derserved a punch in his face!?

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Orbit501 said:
Gloin22 said:
Sepúlveda DSQed after going in Ag2R car for 100 metres...lols..

I wondered what happened there. Real shame if that decision stands as he's been going really well and other riders have done far worse in drafting I'm sure and got away with it.

He didn't draft. He got off his bike, got inside the car, and got a free ride.

bigcog said:
ice&fire said:
BYOP88 said:

Who's that, lemond ?
The punched one, Merckx. The respected one, Indurain. Unlike Indurain, LeMond always took the yellow jersey rather late in the race, so he was not in a situation to be the target of any attack.