• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 14: Rodez-Mende 178.5km

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
A break might make it, depends on the size of it and if piti/purito want to win today. My bet is on the dawg but since this is contador's hill i think he might be close to him. Piti too, he'll be close

PROFIL.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Someone got the times they previously did on the Côte de la Croix Neuve? They did it in '07,'10 and '12 PN and tour'10 (i think)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if Purito is able to fight for the win with this hot weather.

In rain he would be the big favorite together with Dawg.

Re: Tour de France 2015 Stage 14: Rodze-Mende 178.5km

J.Rod for the triple :cool:
But there might be a problem with Katusha bringing the break back,they surely need some help.If the break somehow survives one of the Yates should be there to grab it :)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Valverde's consolation prize for having to sacrifice his podium aspirations in a bid to weaken Froome before Quintana puts up a top 5 all time Alpe climb to win the Tour.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Valverde's consolation prize for having to sacrifice his podium aspirations in a bid to weaken Froome before Quintana puts up a top 5 all time Alpe climb to win the Tour.
are u crazy? :D only with a monster tailwind, :p it would mean to be almost 2 minutes quicker than in 2013 :D something between 37:45 to 40:00 :eek:

Re:

SeriousSam said:

I don't think Valverde will bother,he didn't in the first week.Podium would have been amazing.I thought about it after PSM,not anymore.TVG looks decent again and Valverde will crack harder than him in the 3rd week.I expect to see Valverde burying himself for Quintana :rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Punkan said:
Sky to set a furious pace for the first half of the climb, then Froome to attack and ride away for the win.

Although Froome tried and failed at that on Thursday. I think we'll see a more sharpened attempt at thursdays tactics from the other contenders. If they have any sense they'll collude to unseat Thomas early on.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

wendybnt said:
Punkan said:
Sky to set a furious pace for the first half of the climb, then Froome to attack and ride away for the win.

Although Froome tried and failed at that on Thursday. I think we'll see a more sharpened attempt at thursdays tactics from the other contenders. If they have any sense they'll collude to unseat Thomas early on.

Froome didn't go all out when he attacked on PDB. The steepness tomorrow will suit Froome well. Of the GC conteders he was clearly the strongest on Huy.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

hfer07 said:
Purito taking no sh!t - he's got this one regardless who's on his wheel !!! Vamos Puritooo!!!! :D

Given Purito's current form I think Mende climb might be one kilometer too long for him. A murderous pace by Sky for 1-1.5 k will soften Purito up. Think Valverde will be the real threat to Froome if he doesn't need to babysit Quintana.

TRENDING THREADS