• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 14: Rodez-Mende 178.5km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Not to mention not many people had an issue when Contador was 'wheelsucking' Froome in the Vuelta last year before attacking in the final km to show him up and take the stage. Oh wait no, that was just great tactics

Yep, haters gonna hate. Froome did a great job outsprinting Quintana to win the stage today.

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, great to see Cummings win such a hard stage. I still remember seeing a full page picture of him in 1999 in Cycling Weekly when he won the Aintree GP as an 18 year old.

Re:

Pierrot le Fou said:
Rolland clearly not impressed by IAM. Questioning why teams are trying to defend 12th place in the GC by pulling back the break with all the Alps stages still to go. Fair to say he's got a point.
It's been a problem for years in cycling. People play safe so that they can use their TdF 2nd to get a contract renewal. People like Jurgen, Sammy Sanchez and others did this for years. It's bad for cycling though and it's bad for the riders, because they're assuring they won't win by doing it.

Froome's was a d1ck move.

Yes, there's a chance he will need that second in the GC race :rolleyes:

Cannot compare to Contador/Froome at Vuelta last year, Contador wheelsucked and attacked to gain buckets of time, AND win stage.

Froome here got what, 15th place on the stage or something.

The way froome rides, he probably had a better likelihood of riding into the barriers in that sprint and crashing than needing that second in the GC

Re:

staubsauger said:
Some Frenchs tend to be not only whiney, bad losers, but sadly enough also hypocritical, ugly nationalists. What's new exactly with this issue? It's as disgraceful as sad.

That said: Where have those rowdys been when this Texan goof really derserved a punch in his face!?
That's not an issue isolated to the French though. Hypocritical, ugly nationalistic American fans have circled the wagons around Armstrong just as Spanish ones around Contador and Valverde and British ones around Sky. It's just that the Tour de France tends to be held in France, so the worst behaviour happening in the biggest race tends to be from the French ones.

Re: Re:

sultanofhyd said:
Orbit501 said:
Gloin22 said:
Sepúlveda DSQed after going in Ag2R car for 100 metres...lols..

I wondered what happened there. Real shame if that decision stands as he's been going really well and other riders have done far worse in drafting I'm sure and got away with it.

He didn't draft. He got off his bike, got inside the car, and got a free ride.

Blimey!, actually rode in the car for 100 metres :confused:

If that's the case then what an idiot him and his team are. What a way to totally ruin a debut tour that was going so well for him. There must be more to this story than this surely.

Edit: Now just realising that it was the AG2R car and not his own team car even. This gets even more bizarre!

sultanofhyd said:
Orbit501 said:
Gloin22 said:

I wondered what happened there. Real shame if that decision stands as he's been going really well and other riders have done far worse in drafting I'm sure and got away with it.

So retro.

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought Froome sprinting against Quintana was fine. Quintana had attacked first, and was riding to improve his position, Froome didn't need to help him do that at at all. Since Quintana is his main rival, why not then try to take some more time If he had the chance.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

saunaking said:
Cannot compare to Contador/Froome at Vuelta last year, Contador wheelsucked and attacked to gain buckets of time, AND win stage.

Buckets of unneccesary time on the last stage ? :D

Just follow Froome for 10km and take win. Was much worse than this.

Here the GC race is still on.

Orbit501 said:
sultanofhyd said:
Orbit501 said:
Gloin22 said:

If that's the case then what an idiot him and his team are. What a way to totally ruin a debut tour that was going so well for him. There must be more to this story than this surely.

Edit: Now just realising that it was the AG2R car and not his own team car even. This gets even more bizarre!

I wonder if AG2R played a trick on a south american youngster. They certainly have to know what they were doing is against the rules, and French teams famously don't get on much...

deValtos said:
saunaking said:

Buckets of unneccesary time on the last stage ? :D

Just follow Froome for 10km and take win. Was much worse than this.

Here the GC race is still on.
Contador took the stage, is that a bad thing? Froome sprinted for a 15th place ffs.
Sure Contador could have gifted Froome the win, but Froome kept trying to drop Contador so the race was ON.

Re:

outnumbered said:
Anyway, great to see Cummings win such a hard stage. I still remember seeing a full page picture of him in 1999 in Cycling Weekly when he won the Aintree GP as an 18 year old.

Good win by the least celebrated British pursuiter who turned to the road, others being Wiggins, Thomas, Kennaugh and Swift.

Sky'sthelimit said:
saunaking said:
Froome's was a d1ck move.

How was it a ?£(& move? I call it very shrewd and another psychological blow to the rest of the GC contenders.

So Quintana finally knows he is a bad sprinter?

Froome should do whatever he wants, I don't believe in gentlemen's rules in cycling so I don't mind his action at all, but a psychological blow it is not. Quintana was expecting it, constantly looking back, he knew it was going to happen beforehand but chose to take the loss.

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Orbit501 said:
sultanofhyd said:
Orbit501 said:
Gloin22 said:

E. Hubert just gave explenations on France 2 : Sepulveda broked his chain, then AG2R stopped to give him a wheel.

Bretagne car saw him and stopped to give him his spare bike, but it was 100m ahead, wich he did in panic in car.

He did 100 meters in the AG2R car according to Emmanuel Hubert : "He did a mistake." https://twitter.com/CptFeeney/with_replies

AG2R already forgot the Giro Porte/Clarke wheel hoopla?

Libertine Seguros said:
staubsauger said:
Some Frenchs tend to be not only whiney, bad losers, but sadly enough also hypocritical, ugly nationalists. What's new exactly with this issue? It's as disgraceful as sad.

That said: Where have those rowdys been when this Texan goof really derserved a punch in his face!?
That's not an issue isolated to the French though. Hypocritical, ugly nationalistic American fans have circled the wagons around Armstrong just as Spanish ones around Contador and Valverde and British ones around Sky. It's just that the Tour de France tends to be held in France, so the worst behaviour happening in the biggest race tends to be from the French ones.

And to be objective, someone saying "dope'e" could also be Belgian, or Swiss, or Quebequois :)

TMP402 said:
outnumbered said:

Good win by the least celebrated British pursuiter who turned to the road, others being Wiggins, Thomas, Kennaugh and Swift.

Dont forget Chris Boardman, the clue is in his name :)

TRENDING THREADS