• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 14: Rodez-Mende 178.5km

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

neineinei said:
Orbit501 said:
sultanofhyd said:
Orbit501 said:
Gloin22 said:
Sepúlveda DSQed after going in Ag2R car for 100 metres...lols..

I wondered what happened there. Real shame if that decision stands as he's been going really well and other riders have done far worse in drafting I'm sure and got away with it.

He didn't draft. He got off his bike, got inside the car, and got a free ride.

Blimey!, actually rode in the car for 100 metres :confused:

If that's the case then what an idiot him and his team are. What a way to totally ruin a debut tour that was going so well for him. There must be more to this story than this surely.

Edit: Now just realising that it was the AG2R car and not his own team car even. This gets even more bizarre!

E. Hubert just gave explenations on France 2 : Sepulveda broked his chain, then AG2R stopped to give him a wheel.

Bretagne car saw him and stopped to give him his spare bike, but it was 100m ahead, wich he did in panic in car.

He did 100 meters in the AG2R car according to Emmanuel Hubert : "He did a mistake." https://twitter.com/CptFeeney/with_replies

AG2R already forgot the Giro Porte/Clarke wheel hoopla?

How about Sepulveda forgetting that he should not be hitching a ride in a car under any circumstances?

Orbit501 said:
Frosty said:
Did Ag2r get punished for letting Sepulvera ride in the team car? Surely they were aiding another team illegally?

I've no idea, but they should you would like to think.

I'm still totally confused by this story and want to see what official details emerge as it's all just a bit bizarre.

Teams giving riders of other teams a wheel happens all the time doesn't it? I thought it was only illegal if it was from a rider on another team.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Chris Froome proud to gain more time on GC today and nail down 20th place on the stage. Here's a pic from the podium:

Attachments

• funlife-modern-10pcs-jack-nightmare-before.jpg
    funlife-modern-10pcs-jack-nightmare-before.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 773

DFA123 said:
Orbit501 said:
Frosty said:
Did Ag2r get punished for letting Sepulvera ride in the team car? Surely they were aiding another team illegally?

I'm still totally confused by this story and want to see what official details emerge as it's all just a bit bizarre.

Teams giving riders of other teams a wheel happens all the time doesn't it? I thought it was only illegal if it was from a rider on another team.

Dunno, but they were helping someone else do something illegal so there should be some punishment coming their way too? We'll see.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Arnout said:
Sky'sthelimit said:
saunaking said:
Froome's was a d1ck move.

How was it a ?£(& move? I call it very shrewd and another psychological blow to the rest of the GC contenders.

So Quintana finally knows he is a bad sprinter?

Froome should do whatever he wants, I don't believe in gentlemen's rules in cycling so I don't mind his action at all, but a psychological blow it is not. Quintana was expecting it, constantly looking back, he knew it was going to happen beforehand but chose to take the loss.

It was a psychological blow and showed again his dominance despite Quintana knowing Froome's intentions. It shows Quintana's weakness it about at least posturing or feigning ability. Froome is demonstrating time and time again he will not relinquish single seconds on his rivals, pure sporting psychology.

Frosty said:
DFA123 said:
Orbit501 said:
Frosty said:

Dunno, but they were helping someone else do something illegal so there should be some punishment coming their way too? We'll see.

Yeah, letting him get in the car is really strange. Can't really think of any explanation as to why the rider would do that or why the team would let him in.

Sciatic said:
Libertine Seguros said:
staubsauger said:
Some Frenchs tend to be not only whiney, bad losers, but sadly enough also hypocritical, ugly nationalists. What's new exactly with this issue? It's as disgraceful as sad.

That said: Where have those rowdys been when this Texan goof really derserved a punch in his face!?
That's not an issue isolated to the French though. Hypocritical, ugly nationalistic American fans have circled the wagons around Armstrong just as Spanish ones around Contador and Valverde and British ones around Sky. It's just that the Tour de France tends to be held in France, so the worst behaviour happening in the biggest race tends to be from the French ones.

And to be objective, someone saying "dope'e" could also be Belgian, or Swiss, or Quebequois :)
Don't forget the Luxembourgish, many of them use French too. And the Valdôtain.

neineinei said:
Orbit501 said:
sultanofhyd said:
Orbit501 said:
Gloin22 said:
Sepúlveda DSQed after going in Ag2R car for 100 metres...lols..

I wondered what happened there. Real shame if that decision stands as he's been going really well and other riders have done far worse in drafting I'm sure and got away with it.

He didn't draft. He got off his bike, got inside the car, and got a free ride.

Blimey!, actually rode in the car for 100 metres :confused:

If that's the case then what an idiot him and his team are. What a way to totally ruin a debut tour that was going so well for him. There must be more to this story than this surely.

Edit: Now just realising that it was the AG2R car and not his own team car even. This gets even more bizarre!

E. Hubert just gave explenations on France 2 : Sepulveda broked his chain, then AG2R stopped to give him a wheel.

Bretagne car saw him and stopped to give him his spare bike, but it was 100m ahead, wich he did in panic in car.

He did 100 meters in the AG2R car according to Emmanuel Hubert : "He did a mistake." https://twitter.com/CptFeeney/with_replies

AG2R already forgot the Giro Porte/Clarke wheel hoopla?

Thanks for explaining further. The poor lad must be gutted if his DSQ is going to stand. Really don't know what to make of all this except that teams giving equipment to riders from other teams is never going to end well.

The Porte/Clarke wheel thing was outrageous behaviour in my book and without dragging that debate up again I would have been happy to see both DQS personally as I felt they set a very dangerous precedent there.

May 19, 2010
Visit site

roundabout said:
How about Sepulveda forgetting that he should not be hitching a ride in a car under any circumstances?

He must have paniced. No reason for the staff of another team to be hit by panic by the situation.

Re:

TMP402 said:
Sebastian Langeveld ‏@sebaslangeveld 15 minutes ago

Today I saw a spectator spit on @richie_porte very disrespectful those guys don't deserve this at all! Please stop, or stay at home
Lots of riders liked to spit on Filippo Simeoni. Emanuele Sella, when he first came back from his suspension, had to go in the break a lot because all he would get from a day in the péloton was a lot of abuse and a jersey covered in spit. Pretty mental to see the fans turning on the péloton the same way.

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:

Today I saw a spectator spit on @richie_porte very disrespectful those guys don't deserve this at all! Please stop, or stay at home

Terrible...

Libertine Seguros said:
TMP402 said:

Lots of riders liked to spit on Filippo Simeoni. Emanuele Sella, when he first came back from his suspension, had to go in the break a lot because all he would get from a day in the péloton was a lot of abuse and a jersey covered in spit. Pretty mental to see the fans turning on the péloton the same way.

It's too much. I'm worried someone's going to escalate it in the alps and throw a rock or something, there have been threats to assault Froome on social media already. Supposing Froome is a top tier contender for the next few years, the police would have a responsibility to neutralise the crowds on mountain stages and the vile few will have ruined it for the well intentioned many.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Libertine Seguros said:
TMP402 said:

It's too much. I'm worried someone's going to escalate it in the alps and throw a rock or something, there have been threats to assault Froome on social media already. Supposing Froome is a top tier contender for the next few years, the police would have a responsibility to neutralise the crowds on mountain stages and the vile few will have ruined it for the well intentioned many.

Or are we at the point where there are going to have to be fenced spectator zones, where the cannot get near the riders. Fundamentally changing the dynamics of the sport. Sad times

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Sky'sthelimit said:
TMP402 said:
Libertine Seguros said:
TMP402 said:

Or are we at the point where there are going to have to be fenced spectator zones, where the cannot get near the riders. Fundamentally changing the dynamics of the sport. Sad times
Its not really feasible to fence off more than 100 kilometers every day

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
Langeveld and Westra tweeting against the treatment of Sky. But where are the other 150+ riders? It's not only dishonest journalists who have got us to the point of fans assaulting athletes.

Who are those journalists causing the fuss?

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
Why did Perechon get combativity? Didn't hear his name once today.

With the break today he became the guy who has spent the most time in breakaways on this year's tour, without ever getting a combativity prize. They probably could have given it to Roy given all the work he did after his crash, or maybe Golas, but there weren't that many candidates in the breakaway group.

TRENDING THREADS