• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 16: Bourg-de-Péage-Gap 201km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Or coz 2/3s of members thought tomorrow is a rest day?
:confused:
LOL. If you didn't write this, I would probably not watch today's stage because I would be actually thinking today is a rest day. :D

So I saved two days for you. Today you can watch, and tomorrow you don´t waste your time sitting in front of a TV wondering if this Moto-GP stuff will end soon, to have live cycling...

Watching highlights of the equivalent stage four years ago for nostalgia. Seems a lot longer. Hushovd beating Boasson Hagen at the finish. Andy Schleck sauntered in over a minute down on Evans and then said afterwards "a finish like this should not be allowed".

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Cyclingismylife said:
What do you think about Michael Matthews and Edvald Boasson Hagen today?

This is a good stage for Matthews. He is a fairly good climber and if tempo on Col de Manse isn't superhigh he could follow all the way up. Problem is that if Matthews is there so will Sagan be. Alternative is if he gets in a good break, then his chances are quiet good.

Only chance for EBH to win today is to go in the break. But even if he rides Col de Manse with some breakaway riders I'm not sure he will be able to follow. His climbing shape doesn't seem to be that great. He is a bit heavier this year and therefore less good on longer climbs. If he doesn't lose more than around 20s at the top of Col de Manse, he could take it back on the downhill, he is a really good descender.

I would say that Matthews have a better chance of winning today than EBH.

Break has split:

Andriy Grivko (Astana), Christophe Riblon (AG2R), Peter Sagan (Tinkoff-Saxo) Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal), Simon Geschke, Marco Haller (Katusha), Bob Jungels (Trek), Nelson Oliveira (Lampre-Merida), Ruben Plaza Molina (Lampre-Merida), Daniel Navarro (Cofidis), Pierrick Fedrigo (Bretagne-Seche-Environnement), Serge Pauwels (MTN-Qhubeka)

are in front

Zee

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Sagan in the breakaway for third consecutive day... what a beast. But this is most likely the last day he has any chance to grab a stage in this Tour.

Re:

Zee said:
Sagan in the breakaway for third consecutive day... what a beast. But this is most likely the last day he has any chance to grab a stage in this Tour.

He is trying to cement his green jersey with the intermediate sprint points.
I don't think anyone can overhaul him already, but another good haul today will make that a certainty.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Catwhoorg said:
Zee said:

I don't think anyone can overhaul him already, but another good haul today will make that a certainty.

20 more points at the intermediate today and Greipel will have to transform into Pantani to have any chance of beating Sagan.

Catwhoorg said:
Nah, I think he really wants that stage win.
He knew a break would likely fight for the win today, so why not make part of it? In a big enough break, you don't have to work that much, the last col is not too hard and he's a great decender and sprinter. He has a good shot today.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
From CN ticker
The situation after a chaotic opening 35 kilometres.

A lead group of 12, including Sagan, has five minutes on the peloton.

A chase group of 12 is a minute behind.

Jan Barta is 30 seconds behind the second group.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Re:

saganftw said:
5 minutes on the peloton for 12 with another 12 one minute behind...this could go all the way,its too big to control

It's pretty obvious it's going all the way. I just wonder how did sagan manage to get in to the break with 11 idiots who are driving him to the stage win. What's the point to be in the break if your max achievement is 2nd place. Oh, I forgot they are losers. :(

TRENDING THREADS