• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 stage 18: Gap - Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Squirbos_19 said:
lets hope the next 2 stages are good, we've got the lower top 10 guys attacking, Valverde cracking, Froome looking a tiny bit weaker, Nibali seemingly getting better each day.

Don't get your hopes up.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Sasquatch said:
mr. tibbs said:
fungusbear said:
If you guys had to choose one super young (under 23) rider to be your GC leader for the next ten years who would you pick?

Whoever's looking good on the British track juniors team.

:D

After consulting Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Gibson_(cyclist)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Track_Championships#Junior_.28Under_18.29

This guy.
Good choice, my friend, young Matthew Gibson took
home Team Pursuit and Scratch Race Golds from the
European U23 Championships last week. :)

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tour de France 2015 stage 18: Gap - Saint-Jean-de-Maurie

deValtos said:
Director was awful today missing so many GC attacks because they wanted to show more of the french riders. :rolleyes:

Really frustrating.

It's disastrous work by them, day after day. When Valverde went after Nibali on Glandon he missed it completely. Always this excessive covering of the breakaway at the end of stages completely ignoring the favourites. Bringing home all escapees down to number 12 or so, like in Gap. At the top of it, they're showing us the likes of Peraud, Pinot, Voeckler one hour and a half per stage, ignoring they aren't of any importance for the race.

Best for last. When the break fell to pieces, and Voeckler got dropped like a rock, they gave us his time gap. :confused:

I have an impression that Froome is getting more tired every day. Obviously his rivals' attacks had no effect today and yesterday but they tried to tire him and it might give some results in the next two days. I predict that tomorrow or on saturday Froome will lose some time to Quintana but I don't know how much. However the race is still on.

Krzysztof_O said:
I have an impression that Froome is getting more tired every day. Obviously his rivals' attacks had no effect today and yesterday but they tried to tire him and it might give some results in the next two days. I predict that tomorrow or on saturday Froome will lose some time to Quintana. The race is still on.
Quintana has already given up GC for his 2nd place.

Re: Re:

Sasquatch said:
mr. tibbs said:
fungusbear said:
If you guys had to choose one super young (under 23) rider to be your GC leader for the next ten years who would you pick?

Whoever's looking good on the British track juniors team.

:D

After consulting Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Gibson_(cyclist)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Track_Championships#Junior_.28Under_18.29

This guy.

Well funny you say that, Tao Geoghan Hart who came second is rumoured to be signing for Sky next year having come 13th at the Tour of California.

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

rzombie1988 said:
Krzysztof_O said:
I have an impression that Froome is getting more tired every day. Obviously his rivals' attacks had no effect today and yesterday but they tried to tire him and it might give some results in the next two days. I predict that tomorrow or on saturday Froome will lose some time to Quintana. The race is still on.
Quintana has already given up GC for his 2nd place.

It even seemed like he rode to protect Valverde's 3rd place when Majka and Contador upped the pace on Montvernier

Krzysztof_O said:
I have an impression that Froome is getting more tired every day. Obviously his rivals' attacks had no effect today and yesterday but they tried to tire him and it might give some results in the next two days. I predict that tomorrow or on saturday Froome will lose some time to Quintana but I don't know how much. However the race is still on.

All Froome needs to do is not lose 1.30 on each day. Even a tired Froome will surely achieve this.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Quintana.. meh. Doesn't get the leg or that is his ceiling of his climbing leg. The only person who can challenge Froome is contador. Unfortunately, he didn't have the right form after Giro. Boring GC!.. other than failed attempt by Contador, Nibali.. and Bardet win.. everything just yawn.

TRENDING THREADS