• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 stage 18: Gap - Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Tour de France 2015 stage 18: Gap - Saint-Jean-de-Maurie

Krzysztof_O said:
I have an impression that Froome is getting more tired every day. Obviously his rivals' attacks had no effect today and yesterday but they tried to tire him and it might give some results in the next two days. I predict that tomorrow or on saturday Froome will lose some time to Quintana but I don't know how much. However the race is still on.

Actually I think the great number of attacks by the other GT contenders are playing a role in this "apparent" slight weakening,especially when they are consecutive
----
Seriously :D ....I don't even think he's tired,he's just making everybody believe that he is

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

hulkhogansknees said:
rzombie1988 said:
Krzysztof_O said:
I have an impression that Froome is getting more tired every day. Obviously his rivals' attacks had no effect today and yesterday but they tried to tire him and it might give some results in the next two days. I predict that tomorrow or on saturday Froome will lose some time to Quintana. The race is still on.
Quintana has already given up GC for his 2nd place.

It even seemed like he rode to protect Valverde's 3rd place when Majka and Contador upped the pace on Montvernier

majka said on interview with NBC, they are still gunning to make the race hard. That's good to hear. Make Moviestar choose between sacrifice Valverde or trying to win it all.

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

46&twoWheels said:
Krzysztof_O said:
I have an impression that Froome is getting more tired every day. Obviously his rivals' attacks had no effect today and yesterday but they tried to tire him and it might give some results in the next two days. I predict that tomorrow or on saturday Froome will lose some time to Quintana but I don't know how much. However the race is still on.

Actually I think the great number of attacks by the other GT contenders are playing a role in this "apparent" slight weakening,especially when they are consecutive
----
Seriously :D ....I don't even think he's tired,he's just making everybody believe that he is

i don't think froome is weakening. i don't think the (lack of) attacks by other gt preten...uh, i mean, contenders are playing any role because to me, he does not appear to be weakening. i don't think he is trying to make anyone believe he is weakening.

fact is....froome is just as bored as the rest of us watching this "race." :D

Krzysztof_O said:
I think so is everybody including Quintana. Froome is completely in control.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Fuglsang (FoogleSlang if you watch NBC in the US) was in a fighting mood after the finish, having been taken out by the camera moto. Basically, "lucky that guy is not here right now..." The guy's arm was coated in dried blood. This garbage has to stop.

Re:

Psalmon said:
Fuglsang (FoogleSlang if you watch NBC in the US) was in a fighting mood after the finish, having been taken out by the camera moto. Basically, "lucky that guy is not here right now..." The guy's arm was coated in dried blood. This garbage has to stop.

Kinda loved it when the NBC guy asked him if he was "not too banged up" and Fuglsang just raised his arm all "Uhm... take a look at my arm."

I thought the moto-drivers had to take driver's edd classes before the Tour, obviously this guy missed the don't hit the riders lesson. :rolleyes:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Great stage as for the stage battle, pretty mehh in terms of GC, except AC attack, nice tactic move to that group, he is an ace :).
Valverde Lol, that was expected.

Congrats Bardet!

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Psalmon said:

Not only did he hit the pavement for a stupid reason but the incident gifted Bardet a gap, taking both his chance for the KOM jersey and stage win away. Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds.

TRENDING THREADS