• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 stage 10: Périgueu > Bergerac - 178 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
tobydawq said:
So Bouhanni has been punished very severely. Not only does he lose all his GC ambitions with a one-minute penalty, he also has to pay 200 Swiss Francs for punching a colleague.

Sorry, but it has now officially become impossible to not come to the conclusion that the jury is heavily biased towards French riders and not acting independently of ASO (as if there were any doubt after the Sagan/Démare debacle).
Your conspiracy theory is laughable.
How can anyone claim this jury decision is not biased? What bouhanni did there was way worse than what sagan did but the penalty is basically not existing. How the hell does one even get the idea to punish a sprinter with a time penalty. Thats like punishing a gc rider by giving him a 10 points penalty in the green jersey competition.

Alexandre B. said:
tobydawq said:
So Bouhanni has been punished very severely. Not only does he lose all his GC ambitions with a one-minute penalty, he also has to pay 200 Swiss Francs for punching a colleague.

Sorry, but it has now officially become impossible to not come to the conclusion that the jury is heavily biased towards French riders and not acting independently of ASO (as if there were any doubt after the Sagan/Démare debacle).
Yet we've been told by Brian Nygaard that ASO has previously been present when the jury made a post-stage decision. The jury is not completely independent of ASO.

Gigs_98 said:
Alexandre B. said:
tobydawq said:

How can anyone claim this jury decision is not biased? What bouhanni did there was way worse than what sagan did but the penalty is basically not existing. How the hell does one even get the idea to punish a sprinter with a time penalty. Thats like punishing a gc rider by giving him a 10 points penalty in the green jersey competition.

I fully agree.

I hate making accusations like this (and am definitely a conspiracy theorist) and usually I roll my eyes when others do, but this is getting completely ridiculous.

Your average jury decision in cycling is so ridiculous that I'm not sure whether I should cry or laugh histerically. With the amount of care organizers and associations show for a fair race, it makes all the discussions in the clinic even more cringy.

Gloin22 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Gloin22 said:
LaFlorecita said:
classicomano said:
Bouhanni again straight up punching someone in the face. Top left of the peloton.

https://streamable.com/8x6zf

What a total ****.
"Punching" he pushed the Quickstep rider after the Quickstep rider pushed him out of the way

That is not a sanction but Froome one was :lol:

Jeez Flo, the double standards
Where did I write this shouldn't be sanctioned? Please point it out to me.

You said he only ''pushed'' . Pushing on itself is a legal thing. So you clearly insinuate he didn't do anything wrong/
I didn't "insinuate" anything. Why don't you read what I write instead of deliberately looking for possible insinuations, hidden agendas and double standards. I wrote he didn't punch anyone, the difference between a punch and a push is very important because a punch is a clear DSQ. The motivation behind a move should be important in deciding the punishment.